Bad car (LEMON)
By melindaed5172 on
2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
This is the first time I have bought a new car and had issues.
1. Klunking sound when shifts (Chrysler said this is normal)
2. Trunk leaks when you open it and it has rained. (Factory default, nothing I can do about this)
3. Stalled on me at stop light. (Nothing found wrong.)
4. Can't reach to open the door when it is opened all the way (Factory issue, nothing they can do about this.
5. Sounds like the powersteering is going bad , chirps like a bird sometimes. (couldn't find anything wrong)
6. Sloshing sound in car when at low speeds going forward and backward( Nothing found)
So you see they don't stand behind their product. Thinking about a class action suit.
I had the same trunk leak problem and my dealer immediately recognized the problem as the rubber gasket at the
was installed incorrectly. The installation allowed the water to be diverted in the wrong direction into the trunk lid rather than to the outside. It was a quick fix under warranty. I have the 6cyl and transmission is very smooth as well as the power steering. I prefer a manual shift and it seems to pick odd shift points. I never had a stall problem but as for the door ease of reach, it is a reach but seems that is how a lot of cars are. With all the electronic sensers I hope they don't cause more problems than they solve. I wonder why there is no trip odometer.
My trunk leaked bad! They fixed it and said it was something about the drains being pungged up.
Klunking sound when shifts (Chrysler said this is normal) - I was told the same crap!
Now i have always thought there was something wrong with my breaks-
From day one,They make nasty grinding noises and it sounds like ive needed break pads for months. As the car warms up the sounds go away. (Chrysler said this is normal) WTF
How Embarrassing Every MORNING
As the transmission changes gearsrs, I hear every bang,click,and boom it make as the car jerks from increasing speed.
Let me just say- Im never buying a stupid dodge