Used 2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Bad car (LEMON)
By melindaed5172

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first time I have bought a new car and had issues. 1. Klunking sound when shifts (Chrysler said this is normal) 2. Trunk leaks when you open it and it has rained. (Factory default, nothing I can do about this) 3. Stalled on me at stop light. (Nothing found wrong.) 4. Can't reach to open the door when it is opened all the way (Factory issue, nothing they can do about this. 5. Sounds like the powersteering is going bad , chirps like a bird sometimes. (couldn't find anything wrong) 6. Sloshing sound in car when at low speeds going forward and backward( Nothing found) So you see they don't stand behind their product. Thinking about a class action suit.

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign this product

Love my Dodge!
By johntesh71

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ok so Im officially 3 months into ownership, and I can't find one thing wrong with this car.....The car now has 5000 miles on it and hasn't required an oil change or any major maintenance since I got it...The car is still fast as hell with its stock 295 HP V6, beating out 0-60 times of 5.7 seconds and quarter miles of nearly 14 seconds at nearly 100mph.....But still the wonky Torque steer and the very speedy transmission get in the way of any true performance from this cars amazing engine which still gets around 31MPG highway and nearly 24 city...I have never owned a better vehicle in my life and Will never stray from my Chrysler products for as long as they exist.

Favorite Features

U-connect, Nicely done interior, very good performance numbers for a stock V6 non-sports car, Incredible Engine, Very compliant ride and sharp exterior profile

Suggested Improvements

Still wish modding this engine was possible without having to drill the block to take things off like the exhaust manifolds for instance, Torque steer is a real issue when passing on the Highway almost throws the car into the median at above 60mph, The small trunk makes it impossible for any real luggage capacity, An SRT-6 Trim would be an outstanding addition to the Avenger family oh and the new ZF 8speed Automatic with paddle shifters would be amazing for this car.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By rtm82

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Mulled over whether or not to buy for over six months!! Could not decide what car to buy, was looking at Kias, Fords, Hyundais and Chevy's. After doing market research and driving each one about 5 times (poor salesmen), I finally decided that the Avenger was the funnest! Not to mention, the MYGIG system is awesome! I was a little unsure about my purchase after I made it, but every day after I bought it, I fall in love more and more! This car has all the power I need, and if I drive it nice, this awesome V6 still gets 25mpg in town! I am so happy I took my time to make a decision, this is a perfect car for me!

Favorite Features

The Pentastar is by far the best feature on this car - love the power!

Suggested Improvements

Just wish the cushions hugged you a little tighter while driving, they seem slightly limp

2011 3.6 Dodge Avenger Lux
By kuvasz101

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am in my 50s and have driven all types of cars. I have owned numerous Chrysler performnace cars. I wanted something sharp looking and fun to drive. I can't stop driving this car, I love it. The handling and performance are great. The auto climate control works super. The sound system makes it a pleasure on long trips. I could honestly say this is the best car I have owned for its money.

Favorite Features

The perforance was a surprise. It's like driving a sports car without the cost. The 3.6 engine is great!!

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions for improvement.

Dodge for Life!!
By johntesh71

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the Avenger Heat with the Pentastar V6. Very powerful and sporty car, Getting just around 33MPG Highway way above the est. 29MPG and about 25 in the city....Just hate those Early shifts from the transmission, and also the unavoidable torque steer from the 300 HP engine bogging down the power steering. The entire is like a jump into a lavish sport sedan....Soft touch leather everywhere, Dodge U-connect phone is sometimes awful....The touch screen gets gummed up really easy, but the seats are stain resistant and everything is easy to see and very user friendly. Love this car and hope to keep it for many years to come.

Favorite Features

Dodge U-connect, The soft touch leather materials, The very stylish seats, The beautiful craftsmanship on the steering wheel and dash, The amazingly Powerful Pentastar V6 with that stock 300 HP rating, and the amazing fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger Trunk, maybe a turbo or supercharged version of the pentastar, paddle shifters, Bigger Wing on the trunk, fix the torque steer issue, and also smoked headlights would be a nice touch.