2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
My 2011 Dodge Avenger is JUNK
By don419 on 06/24/13 16:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Dodge Avenger New (23 miles on it) I started having transmission problems at 500 miles, clunking,jerking, its scary sometimes, it now has 21000 miles been in shop 14 times, still no fixed, Dodge Corp. says all dodges do it , its normal.. there liars to me the main dodge mechanic's came on feb 4 and checked my car out I don`t know how when it was in my garage on that day..I feel that anyone wanting to buy a car Stay Away From Dodge there Junk..this is my first dodge & last.. Dodge transmission mechanic told me the computer needs updates witch Dodge doesn`t have, last Tuesday Beth at Dodge Corp. told me it was a one driver car ! Liar's , Liar`s , Liar`s . Very Sad Com

2 years and lost it's luster
By johntesh71 on 04/28/13 08:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So after 2 years and finally trading it in....the Avenger just stopped being fun...35,000 miles and the engine and transmission just seemed slower and it's as if the performance just got sucked out of it.....rust started corroding the rocker panels and the front bumper cover fell apart...some small interior faults such as tears in steering wheel and seats from overuse....it's a great car just lost it's luster for some reason

good car so far
By pwlowe61 on 01/29/13 06:24 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Price and quality is pretty good.

1 1/2 years later I still love it
By zones9 on 11/15/12 08:18 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned many dodge vehicles in my life time but this has to be the best for the dollar. I purchased mine in March of '11 the mainstreet heat series. I was at the dealership getting my Jeep serviced (vehicle that I HATED) when I saw the truck pull in with my Avenger on it...BlackBerry Pearl..she was pretty. Took a different color out for a test drive because that one wasn't even in the system yet and was super impressed!!! I went back after thinking about it and got the one I wanted! The list of features on this vehicle has no end therefore trying to "trade up" for the price becomes very hard to do! Love my climate control. Was very disappointed that dodge knocked down the 2012 model

Bad car (LEMON)
By melindaed5172 on 01/05/12 06:50 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first time I have bought a new car and had issues. 1. Klunking sound when shifts (Chrysler said this is normal) 2. Trunk leaks when you open it and it has rained. (Factory default, nothing I can do about this) 3. Stalled on me at stop light. (Nothing found wrong.) 4. Can't reach to open the door when it is opened all the way (Factory issue, nothing they can do about this. 5. Sounds like the powersteering is going bad , chirps like a bird sometimes. (couldn't find anything wrong) 6. Sloshing sound in car when at low speeds going forward and backward( Nothing found) So you see they don't stand behind their product. Thinking about a class action suit.

Love my Dodge!
By johntesh71 on 11/16/11 20:18 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ok so Im officially 3 months into ownership, and I can't find one thing wrong with this car.....The car now has 5000 miles on it and hasn't required an oil change or any major maintenance since I got it...The car is still fast as hell with its stock 295 HP V6, beating out 0-60 times of 5.7 seconds and quarter miles of nearly 14 seconds at nearly 100mph.....But still the wonky Torque steer and the very speedy transmission get in the way of any true performance from this cars amazing engine which still gets around 31MPG highway and nearly 24 city...I have never owned a better vehicle in my life and Will never stray from my Chrysler products for as long as they exist.

Dodge for Life!!
By johntesh71 on 09/22/11 09:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the Avenger Heat with the Pentastar V6. Very powerful and sporty car, Getting just around 33MPG Highway way above the est. 29MPG and about 25 in the city....Just hate those Early shifts from the transmission, and also the unavoidable torque steer from the 300 HP engine bogging down the power steering. The entire is like a jump into a lavish sport sedan....Soft touch leather everywhere, Dodge U-connect phone is sometimes awful....The touch screen gets gummed up really easy, but the seats are stain resistant and everything is easy to see and very user friendly. Love this car and hope to keep it for many years to come.

AVENGER HEAT
By budley1 on 07/26/11 18:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had one of the first road runners in Seattle. This car is just as fun as that was. I average 24mpg and have a heavy foot. After 3 months there is little I would change.

Better Than You Think
By georgecavalier on 05/30/11 08:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought in Heat trim with the 3.6 Pentastar V6... Edmunds wouldn't let me choose that for a trim. MSRP was close to $26K but I got it for just above $18K. Car has plenty of power, my only gripe with performance is the economy-minded transmission. It's quick to get to high gear and sometimes needs a stab of the gas to shift down. Otherwise, a fun car to drive that never feels underpowered. I get around mid-20s MPG but probably could do better if I kept my foot off the gas pedal. Smaller than a lot of midsizers nowadays but there's more room than you'd expect. Nobody feels crampt. The cabin for '11 is much nicer with plenty of high quality materials. Rides smoothly and there's little noise.

No better value
By dodgefan7 on 05/16/11 15:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

No other car has horse power in the ball park of this car for less than 28 grand. The V6 is awesome. Also, the interior is packed with stuff. No other car can beat the Avenger price wise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*