2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
My 2011 Dodge Avenger is JUNK
By don419 on 06/24/13 16:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Dodge Avenger New (23 miles on it) I started having transmission problems at 500 miles, clunking,jerking, its scary sometimes, it now has 21000 miles been in shop 14 times, still no fixed, Dodge Corp. says all dodges do it , its normal.. there liars to me the main dodge mechanic's came on feb 4 and checked my car out I don`t know how when it was in my garage on that day..I feel that anyone wanting to buy a car Stay Away From Dodge there Junk..this is my first dodge & last.. Dodge transmission mechanic told me the computer needs updates witch Dodge doesn`t have, last Tuesday Beth at Dodge Corp. told me it was a one driver car ! Liar's , Liar`s , Liar`s . Very Sad Com

2 years and lost it's luster
By johntesh71 on 04/28/13 08:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So after 2 years and finally trading it in....the Avenger just stopped being fun...35,000 miles and the engine and transmission just seemed slower and it's as if the performance just got sucked out of it.....rust started corroding the rocker panels and the front bumper cover fell apart...some small interior faults such as tears in steering wheel and seats from overuse....it's a great car just lost it's luster for some reason

good car so far
By pwlowe61 on 01/29/13 06:24 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Price and quality is pretty good.

1 1/2 years later I still love it
By zones9 on 11/15/12 08:18 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned many dodge vehicles in my life time but this has to be the best for the dollar. I purchased mine in March of '11 the mainstreet heat series. I was at the dealership getting my Jeep serviced (vehicle that I HATED) when I saw the truck pull in with my Avenger on it...BlackBerry Pearl..she was pretty. Took a different color out for a test drive because that one wasn't even in the system yet and was super impressed!!! I went back after thinking about it and got the one I wanted! The list of features on this vehicle has no end therefore trying to "trade up" for the price becomes very hard to do! Love my climate control. Was very disappointed that dodge knocked down the 2012 model

Very fun and fast car
By ramforever on 02/07/12 12:49 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have just purchased a new 2011 avenger lux edition with the 3.6L V6 this car is great have only had a few days but all you have to do is sit in this car. and your sold the comfort is amazing, My car came with the all black leather interior, loaded. then when you drive this car the interior is so quiet its hard to believe. The new V6 that I have been hearing about and now driven myself. has awesome hp and torque, put together with the 6 speed auto-stick transmission. this is the perfect combination. Chrysler did an amazing job on this car. will write another review after I put some miles on the car.

Bad car (LEMON)
By melindaed5172 on 01/05/12 06:50 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first time I have bought a new car and had issues. 1. Klunking sound when shifts (Chrysler said this is normal) 2. Trunk leaks when you open it and it has rained. (Factory default, nothing I can do about this) 3. Stalled on me at stop light. (Nothing found wrong.) 4. Can't reach to open the door when it is opened all the way (Factory issue, nothing they can do about this. 5. Sounds like the powersteering is going bad , chirps like a bird sometimes. (couldn't find anything wrong) 6. Sloshing sound in car when at low speeds going forward and backward( Nothing found) So you see they don't stand behind their product. Thinking about a class action suit.

Love my Dodge!
By johntesh71 on 11/16/11 20:18 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ok so Im officially 3 months into ownership, and I can't find one thing wrong with this car.....The car now has 5000 miles on it and hasn't required an oil change or any major maintenance since I got it...The car is still fast as hell with its stock 295 HP V6, beating out 0-60 times of 5.7 seconds and quarter miles of nearly 14 seconds at nearly 100mph.....But still the wonky Torque steer and the very speedy transmission get in the way of any true performance from this cars amazing engine which still gets around 31MPG highway and nearly 24 city...I have never owned a better vehicle in my life and Will never stray from my Chrysler products for as long as they exist.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By rtm82 on 11/08/11 20:52 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Mulled over whether or not to buy for over six months!! Could not decide what car to buy, was looking at Kias, Fords, Hyundais and Chevy's. After doing market research and driving each one about 5 times (poor salesmen), I finally decided that the Avenger was the funnest! Not to mention, the MYGIG system is awesome! I was a little unsure about my purchase after I made it, but every day after I bought it, I fall in love more and more! This car has all the power I need, and if I drive it nice, this awesome V6 still gets 25mpg in town! I am so happy I took my time to make a decision, this is a perfect car for me!

2011 3.6 Dodge Avenger Lux
By kuvasz101 on 10/12/11 07:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am in my 50s and have driven all types of cars. I have owned numerous Chrysler performnace cars. I wanted something sharp looking and fun to drive. I can't stop driving this car, I love it. The handling and performance are great. The auto climate control works super. The sound system makes it a pleasure on long trips. I could honestly say this is the best car I have owned for its money.

Dodge for Life!!
By johntesh71 on 09/22/11 09:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the Avenger Heat with the Pentastar V6. Very powerful and sporty car, Getting just around 33MPG Highway way above the est. 29MPG and about 25 in the city....Just hate those Early shifts from the transmission, and also the unavoidable torque steer from the 300 HP engine bogging down the power steering. The entire is like a jump into a lavish sport sedan....Soft touch leather everywhere, Dodge U-connect phone is sometimes awful....The touch screen gets gummed up really easy, but the seats are stain resistant and everything is easy to see and very user friendly. Love this car and hope to keep it for many years to come.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan in VA is:

$148 per month*