Used 2011 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Most Helpful|
2 years and lost it's luster
By johntesh71

2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So after 2 years and finally trading it in....the Avenger just stopped being fun...35,000 miles and the engine and transmission just seemed slower and it's as if the performance just got sucked out of it.....rust started corroding the rocker panels and the front bumper cover fell apart...some small interior faults such as tears in steering wheel and seats from overuse....it's a great car just lost it's luster for some reason

Favorite Features

Pentastar engine, U-connect infotainment system, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

turbo charge this beast and make it real wheel drive. Make this a true sport sedan.

My 2011 Dodge Avenger is JUNK
By don419

2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Dodge Avenger New (23 miles on it) I started having transmission problems at 500 miles, clunking,jerking, its scary sometimes, it now has 21000 miles been in shop 14 times, still no fixed, Dodge Corp. says all dodges do it , its normal.. there liars to me the main dodge mechanic's came on feb 4 and checked my car out I don`t know how when it was in my garage on that day..I feel that anyone wanting to buy a car Stay Away From Dodge there Junk..this is my first dodge & last.. Dodge transmission mechanic told me the computer needs updates witch Dodge doesn`t have, last Tuesday Beth at Dodge Corp. told me it was a one driver car ! Liar's , Liar`s , Liar`s . Very Sad Com

Favorite Features

great body design , nice dash board setup.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmissions, clunk, jerks, shakes, Try being Honiest and admit there`s a problem.. Dodge is JUNK Fix Them !

Better Than You Think
By georgecavalier

2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought in Heat trim with the 3.6 Pentastar V6... Edmunds wouldn't let me choose that for a trim. MSRP was close to $26K but I got it for just above $18K. Car has plenty of power, my only gripe with performance is the economy-minded transmission. It's quick to get to high gear and sometimes needs a stab of the gas to shift down. Otherwise, a fun car to drive that never feels underpowered. I get around mid-20s MPG but probably could do better if I kept my foot off the gas pedal. Smaller than a lot of midsizers nowadays but there's more room than you'd expect. Nobody feels crampt. The cabin for '11 is much nicer with plenty of high quality materials. Rides smoothly and there's little noise.

Favorite Features

The engine... lots of power and has a nice growl under acceleration. The suspension performs better than expected and the ride is smooth. The interior.... comfortable, controls easy to use, lots of quality. All of the controls are brightly lit and there are more cupholders than seats. The mini-Charger looks... I get compliments all the time. The sound system sounds great for a stock system... only needs a couple of subs. Decent gas mileage. While others would find the car on the smaller side, I think the size is perfect as most "midsize" cars have grown too large. There's not enough space here to comment on everything but there's a lot to love. Do yourself a favor and test drive one.

Suggested Improvements

Mostly minor gripes: Be nice to have auto-up/down for both front windows versus only auto-down for the driver. Also, not to have to remove a front wheel to get to the battery (there separate, easy to get to terminals for charging/jumpstarts, however). Give the transmission sportier shift programming. Bring back the AWD model... it would make this car closer to perfect for me. Owners manual sometimes incorrect: Replacement headlights, battery location, folding front passenger seat. Why is there buttons for Uconnect when I don't have that feature? Why offer a 4-cyl when you only gain 1 or 2 MPG and sacrifice 111hp? V6 should be standard or offer a more fuel efficient 4-cyl.

Bad car (LEMON)
By melindaed5172

2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first time I have bought a new car and had issues. 1. Klunking sound when shifts (Chrysler said this is normal) 2. Trunk leaks when you open it and it has rained. (Factory default, nothing I can do about this) 3. Stalled on me at stop light. (Nothing found wrong.) 4. Can't reach to open the door when it is opened all the way (Factory issue, nothing they can do about this. 5. Sounds like the powersteering is going bad , chirps like a bird sometimes. (couldn't find anything wrong) 6. Sloshing sound in car when at low speeds going forward and backward( Nothing found) So you see they don't stand behind their product. Thinking about a class action suit.

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign this product

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By rtm82

2011 Dodge Avenger Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Mulled over whether or not to buy for over six months!! Could not decide what car to buy, was looking at Kias, Fords, Hyundais and Chevy's. After doing market research and driving each one about 5 times (poor salesmen), I finally decided that the Avenger was the funnest! Not to mention, the MYGIG system is awesome! I was a little unsure about my purchase after I made it, but every day after I bought it, I fall in love more and more! This car has all the power I need, and if I drive it nice, this awesome V6 still gets 25mpg in town! I am so happy I took my time to make a decision, this is a perfect car for me!

Favorite Features

The Pentastar is by far the best feature on this car - love the power!

Suggested Improvements

Just wish the cushions hugged you a little tighter while driving, they seem slightly limp