2010 Dodge Avenger SXT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2010 Avenger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Sort Reviews by

Long time loyal dodge customer... nothing good about this dodge
By cloud23465

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Where to begin. Already had to replace 2 window regulators on the front of this car with very little use. I baby this car and it is well taken care of for a 4 1/2 year old car. Dealer ship screwed me on $450 for the passenger window regulator that failed in about 3 years of ownership. Now a year later the drivers side is out. I will try to replace it myself but, once done I will not use the windows anymore. I am and the family has own and sworn by Chrysler since the 70's. We've own 71' Barracuda, Satellite 72', A Ram charger, Dodge Daytona, Chrysler Sirius and Concord, Ram vans and Trucks and a first series dodge avenger (1996) so, I am not just some fence jumper

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Power mirrors, EVIC, Rear view mirror with the tenting to keep headlights from blinding you, Fold down seats and the Mygig sound system. Fuel mileage is ok.

Suggested Improvements

Very poor Interior design as far as trim goes and this is there high end model (R/T) Very poor, very cheap and crappy Window regulators. Engine performance changes with hot or cold weather. If it over 85 outside cars shift changes from 35 to 40 in third and overdrive goes from 40 to wont kick in till 60mph which kills your fuel mileage. When it's cold overdrive will not kick in till the car is around mid-temp on the gauge. I will probably not get a Challenger like I planned and probably switch and get a Toyota Camry. Sad to say but I have no confidence in Dodge anymore

2.4l l4 sxt
By fletchums

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

well, for starters, i have an '09 rio lx and an '04 explorer eddie bauer ed....compared to those vehicles, i would'nt hate...i love my avenger, its a good reliable vehicle. i understand that its transmission is out of date and the engine is low powered but for the price i got it and the reason i picked it, its great...its one of those cars where you like it for the ride and not the power, like someone said already, if you wanted something fast you wouldn't have looked a 4 banger...the vehicle is a one of a kind beast, i have had no problems with the A/C or the brake lights, i did though buy it after it came out by 2 years, all i can say is it was worth the money i spent on it.

Favorite Features

a/c, power windows, cooler, ride, comfort, looks, mileage, etc....pretty much everything

Suggested Improvements

if you get the money or the time, change the transmission to an up to dated version

Beyond disapponited
By broc212

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

4 speed transmission in a 2010 vehicle Not very good gas mileage for a 4 cylinder engine Shifts rough Not very comfortable or roomy Very underpowered motor

Favorite Features

Nothing

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy it.

A ok car
By dafozzy

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a 2010 avenger sxt in Feb 2010. Right of the bat the A/C stop working on high. The Dealer wanted $125 just to tell me what wrong, then another $200to fix it said the part was NOT under warrenty. Then the brake light started coming on and going off. another $125 to look at and $325 to replace the parking brake switch. Now the computer is resetting its self on the climate control switch and you have to park the car pull the fuse out and put back in to reset. Just a headache from the time we bought. The transmission is very weak the motor is turning 3000-4000 rpm traveling the interstate at 70-75mph. I will never buy another Dodge Avenger!!

Favorite Features

Descent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Start over and build a new car!

Quiet and comfrotable, but several simple downsides
By rlw6

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've been using this rental for several weeks. Overall comfortable and quiet, but: The trunk lid, with it's spoiler, is very heavy and requires both hands free to lift it. The high lip of the trunk combined with the long rear window means that loading the trunk is limited to small things. The hood release is very poorly located and was broken by a previous user, but my left foot caught constantly on that lever on exiting the car. The A/C frequently required turning the fan to full to get it to kick in. Once working it could cool very well at 60 mph, but became an oven at traffic lights.

Favorite Features

Quiet. Not a lot of road noise.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission was often rough shifting at stops. Once my daughter thought someone had hit us.

Love it!
By dba22

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a leftover 2010 Avenger on 2/22/11. I looked at all the cars in the class, Malibu, Altima, Fusion, Camry, Accord - but I kept coming back to the Avenger. This car was by far the best value! All the "professional" reviews seem to hate on the Avenger, but I don't know why. This car has it all: looks, features, great mileage, plenty of room. I could not be happier with my decision. I got a new car with great warranty for the price of used. Everyone that has seen and ridden in the Avenger can't believe what a great little car this is. Definately worth a look if your in the market for a midsize car.

Favorite Features

Good looks, performance, value, plenty of room, loaded w/ standard features, good mileage.

Love It!
By cj2188

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my brand new R/T Avenger a few weeks ago and I love it! I test drove so many vehicles before this one and nothing else compared to it overall (Mustang, Camry, Altima, Impala, G6 etc.) i also used to have a 300 Touring which i didn't like anywhere as much as I do this car. It drives great, has good inside space, great sound system and touch Screen with all the features that i haven't seen in any other cars and it gets great gas mileage. Of course performance-wise your not gonna match a V6 or V8 but if you wanted something fast you wouldn't be considering a 4- cylinder in the first place.

Favorite Features

Touch Screen radio w/ every feature available that you possibly need, In- Dash can cooler, Smooth ride, Great gas mileage, Great looking Vehicle inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

None at the moment.

Loving it so far
By trish

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was getting tired of driving my truck for commuting so I wanted a nice family car. They kept showing me the Altima and I hated that, then the charger, but I felt it was too big. Then I saw the avenger. I loved it. Have had it a while now and I have no complaints. Totally made the right choice. Not sure why it got such bad reviews, especially when compared to an altima, had one, those things poor.Overall very pleased

Favorite Features

Uconnect media center, key fob is very handy

Suggested Improvements

More visibility from rear, 2 more speakers wouldn't hurt although the sound quality is great

Don't Know Why Edmunds Hates the Avenger
By JGoldy

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

OK. For reasons still not completely understood by me, Edmunds hates my car (08 SXT). I would just like to point out, to any prospective buyers, what this car entails. Put against its competitors (Altima, Accord, Camry, etc.) the Avenger clearly beats all others on the appearance front. Also, the Avenger has a better speaker system (I know from personal experience). The engine is mid pack, putting out 178 hp and with a ~10 second 0-60. Also, from personal experience, I KNOW that the cabin is also bigger and more comfy than competitors. I have no clue why this car get so much flack. I guess it's because it looks like a Charger and is expected to act like it.

Favorite Features

Huge back seat, great speakers, aggressive stance/appearance, comfy seats

Suggested Improvements

As I said, it looks like a Charger and is expected to act like one, so a standard 3.5, or maybe a 2.0 turbo would be nice.

Avenger Review
By Misty

2010 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like our new car, gas mileage is wonderful and it is fun to drive. I do have a couple complaints: after it rains the trunk holds water then when you lift the trunk it drains into the trunk. The touchscreen is too bright at night and can't turn it down. Also, the middle console is not designed very good. The cup holders are hard to reach and the little tray in the middle is back to far.

Favorite Features

The uconnect phone feature, the sporty

Suggested Improvements

1.turn down touchscreen light. 2. move cup holders up 3. remove little tray in the middle console where the arm rest is located. 4. trunk hatch holds water and pours into the trunk