2010 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Long time loyal dodge customer... nothing good about this dodge
By cloud23465 on 06/04/14 13:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Where to begin. Already had to replace 2 window regulators on the front of this car with very little use. I baby this car and it is well taken care of for a 4 1/2 year old car. Dealer ship screwed me on $450 for the passenger window regulator that failed in about 3 years of ownership. Now a year later the drivers side is out. I will try to replace it myself but, once done I will not use the windows anymore. I am and the family has own and sworn by Chrysler since the 70's. We've own 71' Barracuda, Satellite 72', A Ram charger, Dodge Daytona, Chrysler Sirius and Concord, Ram vans and Trucks and a first series dodge avenger (1996) so, I am not just some fence jumper

Quiet and comfrotable, but several simple downsides
By rlw6 on 07/09/11 17:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've been using this rental for several weeks. Overall comfortable and quiet, but: The trunk lid, with it's spoiler, is very heavy and requires both hands free to lift it. The high lip of the trunk combined with the long rear window means that loading the trunk is limited to small things. The hood release is very poorly located and was broken by a previous user, but my left foot caught constantly on that lever on exiting the car. The A/C frequently required turning the fan to full to get it to kick in. Once working it could cool very well at 60 mph, but became an oven at traffic lights.

Love It!
By cj2188 on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my brand new R/T Avenger a few weeks ago and I love it! I test drove so many vehicles before this one and nothing else compared to it overall (Mustang, Camry, Altima, Impala, G6 etc.) i also used to have a 300 Touring which i didn't like anywhere as much as I do this car. It drives great, has good inside space, great sound system and touch Screen with all the features that i haven't seen in any other cars and it gets great gas mileage. Of course performance-wise your not gonna match a V6 or V8 but if you wanted something fast you wouldn't be considering a 4- cylinder in the first place.

Avenger Review
By Misty on 09/04/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like our new car, gas mileage is wonderful and it is fun to drive. I do have a couple complaints: after it rains the trunk holds water then when you lift the trunk it drains into the trunk. The touchscreen is too bright at night and can't turn it down. Also, the middle console is not designed very good. The cup holders are hard to reach and the little tray in the middle is back to far.

Impressed
By AJ on 06/29/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2010 Dodge Avenger R/T with the 4 cylinder engine. I was a little skeptical because of the small engine and "being a car". I have driven trucks around my whole life. I bought it because I drive a minimum of 600 miles a week with my new job, so the thought of 30 mpg was the deciding factor. I have had it for almost 3 months and have 7,000 miles on it, and I could not be happier. I average 27 mpg, that includes city and highway. I have had two trips that were all highway, my first I got 37 mpg and the second was 33. I always fill it up and reset the tripometer so my calculations are true. It is a great car and fits all my needs, even putting my rode bike in the back seat

2010 Avenger R/T w/V6
By reburton on 03/13/10 11:40 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is nice for everyday distance driving 120 miles a day. 3.5L V6 24V MPI Color Scheme: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat External, Dark Slate Grey lower 1/2 with off white upper 1/2 interior. White LED interior lighting. Drivability: with slow starts in city driving, you feel all 6 gears before you hit 40 MPH. With quick starts like the on ramp to interstates, you only feel 3 gears and then the 6th for overdrive. This car WILL throw you back into the seat during rapid acceleration, but not with the same force as a V8. Mileage for the 120 mile trip is around 28 MPG according to the traveler trip computer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Avenger in VA is:

$142 per month*