2010 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
2.4l l4 sxt
By fletchums on 12/13/12 14:10 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

well, for starters, i have an '09 rio lx and an '04 explorer eddie bauer ed....compared to those vehicles, i would'nt hate...i love my avenger, its a good reliable vehicle. i understand that its transmission is out of date and the engine is low powered but for the price i got it and the reason i picked it, its great...its one of those cars where you like it for the ride and not the power, like someone said already, if you wanted something fast you wouldn't have looked a 4 banger...the vehicle is a one of a kind beast, i have had no problems with the A/C or the brake lights, i did though buy it after it came out by 2 years, all i can say is it was worth the money i spent on it.

Beyond disapponited
By broc212 on 10/31/12 14:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

4 speed transmission in a 2010 vehicle Not very good gas mileage for a 4 cylinder engine Shifts rough Not very comfortable or roomy Very underpowered motor

A ok car
By dafozzy on 10/14/12 08:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a 2010 avenger sxt in Feb 2010. Right of the bat the A/C stop working on high. The Dealer wanted $125 just to tell me what wrong, then another $200to fix it said the part was NOT under warrenty. Then the brake light started coming on and going off. another $125 to look at and $325 to replace the parking brake switch. Now the computer is resetting its self on the climate control switch and you have to park the car pull the fuse out and put back in to reset. Just a headache from the time we bought. The transmission is very weak the motor is turning 3000-4000 rpm traveling the interstate at 70-75mph. I will never buy another Dodge Avenger!!

Love it!
By dba22 on 03/09/11 16:40 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a leftover 2010 Avenger on 2/22/11. I looked at all the cars in the class, Malibu, Altima, Fusion, Camry, Accord - but I kept coming back to the Avenger. This car was by far the best value! All the "professional" reviews seem to hate on the Avenger, but I don't know why. This car has it all: looks, features, great mileage, plenty of room. I could not be happier with my decision. I got a new car with great warranty for the price of used. Everyone that has seen and ridden in the Avenger can't believe what a great little car this is. Definately worth a look if your in the market for a midsize car.

Loving it so far
By trish on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was getting tired of driving my truck for commuting so I wanted a nice family car. They kept showing me the Altima and I hated that, then the charger, but I felt it was too big. Then I saw the avenger. I loved it. Have had it a while now and I have no complaints. Totally made the right choice. Not sure why it got such bad reviews, especially when compared to an altima, had one, those things poor.Overall very pleased

Don't Know Why Edmunds Hates the Avenger
By JGoldy on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

OK. For reasons still not completely understood by me, Edmunds hates my car (08 SXT). I would just like to point out, to any prospective buyers, what this car entails. Put against its competitors (Altima, Accord, Camry, etc.) the Avenger clearly beats all others on the appearance front. Also, the Avenger has a better speaker system (I know from personal experience). The engine is mid pack, putting out 178 hp and with a ~10 second 0-60. Also, from personal experience, I KNOW that the cabin is also bigger and more comfy than competitors. I have no clue why this car get so much flack. I guess it's because it looks like a Charger and is expected to act like it.

2010 Avenger SXT
By RMB on 04/27/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased 4 months ago and put about 5000 mi on my Avenger. I was looking for a combination of good gas mileage, style, and room for growing kids. So far I'm very happy with smooth ride, decent options, and no mechanical issues. I drive mainly as commuter car and get 27 MPG (80/20 highway/city). I got 34 MPG highway on long trip! The 2.4 L doesn't have impressive power, but plenty for my needs. The seating is comfortable except it could use a little more leg room, as I'm 6'3". Also, with the seat raised up, I can't see the top of the speedometer.

Still testing
By Dodger on 03/13/10 17:14 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this vehicle a few weeks ago and feel misled. I bought this model based on the 2009 booklet and model in showroom. The 2010 Avenger SXT DOES NOT have the options that come standard in the 2009 SXT. The ride is quiet. The satellite radio is great. I was told it would have "all the power" but it didn't come with a power seat! Will not buy another Chrysler Dodge product in the future.

New Avenger
By John Mech on 12/11/09 17:28 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just got this 2010 White Gold Avenger 2 days ago, so I have not driven it too much. 100 miles so far. I like the car so far. Very quiet, solid. This is a new color for Dodge for 2010.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Avenger in VA is:

$137 per month*