Used 2010 Dodge Avenger SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

2.4l l4 sxt
By fletchums

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

well, for starters, i have an '09 rio lx and an '04 explorer eddie bauer ed....compared to those vehicles, i would'nt hate...i love my avenger, its a good reliable vehicle. i understand that its transmission is out of date and the engine is low powered but for the price i got it and the reason i picked it, its great...its one of those cars where you like it for the ride and not the power, like someone said already, if you wanted something fast you wouldn't have looked a 4 banger...the vehicle is a one of a kind beast, i have had no problems with the A/C or the brake lights, i did though buy it after it came out by 2 years, all i can say is it was worth the money i spent on it.

a/c, power windows, cooler, ride, comfort, looks, mileage, etc....pretty much everything

if you get the money or the time, change the transmission to an up to dated version

Beyond disapponited
By broc212

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

4 speed transmission in a 2010 vehicle Not very good gas mileage for a 4 cylinder engine Shifts rough Not very comfortable or roomy Very underpowered motor

Nothing

Don't buy it.

A ok car
By dafozzy

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a 2010 avenger sxt in Feb 2010. Right of the bat the A/C stop working on high. The Dealer wanted $125 just to tell me what wrong, then another $200to fix it said the part was NOT under warrenty. Then the brake light started coming on and going off. another $125 to look at and $325 to replace the parking brake switch. Now the computer is resetting its self on the climate control switch and you have to park the car pull the fuse out and put back in to reset. Just a headache from the time we bought. The transmission is very weak the motor is turning 3000-4000 rpm traveling the interstate at 70-75mph. I will never buy another Dodge Avenger!!

Descent gas mileage.

Start over and build a new car!

Love it!
By dba22

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a leftover 2010 Avenger on 2/22/11. I looked at all the cars in the class, Malibu, Altima, Fusion, Camry, Accord - but I kept coming back to the Avenger. This car was by far the best value! All the "professional" reviews seem to hate on the Avenger, but I don't know why. This car has it all: looks, features, great mileage, plenty of room. I could not be happier with my decision. I got a new car with great warranty for the price of used. Everyone that has seen and ridden in the Avenger can't believe what a great little car this is. Definately worth a look if your in the market for a midsize car.

Good looks, performance, value, plenty of room, loaded w/ standard features, good mileage.

Loving it so far
By trish

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was getting tired of driving my truck for commuting so I wanted a nice family car. They kept showing me the Altima and I hated that, then the charger, but I felt it was too big. Then I saw the avenger. I loved it. Have had it a while now and I have no complaints. Totally made the right choice. Not sure why it got such bad reviews, especially when compared to an altima, had one, those things poor.Overall very pleased

Uconnect media center, key fob is very handy

More visibility from rear, 2 more speakers wouldn't hurt although the sound quality is great