2010 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
2.4l l4 sxt
By fletchums on 12/13/12 14:10 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

well, for starters, i have an '09 rio lx and an '04 explorer eddie bauer ed....compared to those vehicles, i would'nt hate...i love my avenger, its a good reliable vehicle. i understand that its transmission is out of date and the engine is low powered but for the price i got it and the reason i picked it, its great...its one of those cars where you like it for the ride and not the power, like someone said already, if you wanted something fast you wouldn't have looked a 4 banger...the vehicle is a one of a kind beast, i have had no problems with the A/C or the brake lights, i did though buy it after it came out by 2 years, all i can say is it was worth the money i spent on it.

Beyond disapponited
By broc212 on 10/31/12 14:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

4 speed transmission in a 2010 vehicle Not very good gas mileage for a 4 cylinder engine Shifts rough Not very comfortable or roomy Very underpowered motor

A ok car
By dafozzy on 10/14/12 08:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a 2010 avenger sxt in Feb 2010. Right of the bat the A/C stop working on high. The Dealer wanted $125 just to tell me what wrong, then another $200to fix it said the part was NOT under warrenty. Then the brake light started coming on and going off. another $125 to look at and $325 to replace the parking brake switch. Now the computer is resetting its self on the climate control switch and you have to park the car pull the fuse out and put back in to reset. Just a headache from the time we bought. The transmission is very weak the motor is turning 3000-4000 rpm traveling the interstate at 70-75mph. I will never buy another Dodge Avenger!!

Quiet and comfrotable, but several simple downsides
By rlw6 on 07/09/11 17:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've been using this rental for several weeks. Overall comfortable and quiet, but: The trunk lid, with it's spoiler, is very heavy and requires both hands free to lift it. The high lip of the trunk combined with the long rear window means that loading the trunk is limited to small things. The hood release is very poorly located and was broken by a previous user, but my left foot caught constantly on that lever on exiting the car. The A/C frequently required turning the fan to full to get it to kick in. Once working it could cool very well at 60 mph, but became an oven at traffic lights.

Love it!
By dba22 on 03/09/11 16:40 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a leftover 2010 Avenger on 2/22/11. I looked at all the cars in the class, Malibu, Altima, Fusion, Camry, Accord - but I kept coming back to the Avenger. This car was by far the best value! All the "professional" reviews seem to hate on the Avenger, but I don't know why. This car has it all: looks, features, great mileage, plenty of room. I could not be happier with my decision. I got a new car with great warranty for the price of used. Everyone that has seen and ridden in the Avenger can't believe what a great little car this is. Definately worth a look if your in the market for a midsize car.

Love It!
By cj2188 on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my brand new R/T Avenger a few weeks ago and I love it! I test drove so many vehicles before this one and nothing else compared to it overall (Mustang, Camry, Altima, Impala, G6 etc.) i also used to have a 300 Touring which i didn't like anywhere as much as I do this car. It drives great, has good inside space, great sound system and touch Screen with all the features that i haven't seen in any other cars and it gets great gas mileage. Of course performance-wise your not gonna match a V6 or V8 but if you wanted something fast you wouldn't be considering a 4- cylinder in the first place.

Loving it so far
By trish on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was getting tired of driving my truck for commuting so I wanted a nice family car. They kept showing me the Altima and I hated that, then the charger, but I felt it was too big. Then I saw the avenger. I loved it. Have had it a while now and I have no complaints. Totally made the right choice. Not sure why it got such bad reviews, especially when compared to an altima, had one, those things poor.Overall very pleased

Don't Know Why Edmunds Hates the Avenger
By JGoldy on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

OK. For reasons still not completely understood by me, Edmunds hates my car (08 SXT). I would just like to point out, to any prospective buyers, what this car entails. Put against its competitors (Altima, Accord, Camry, etc.) the Avenger clearly beats all others on the appearance front. Also, the Avenger has a better speaker system (I know from personal experience). The engine is mid pack, putting out 178 hp and with a ~10 second 0-60. Also, from personal experience, I KNOW that the cabin is also bigger and more comfy than competitors. I have no clue why this car get so much flack. I guess it's because it looks like a Charger and is expected to act like it.

Avenger Review
By Misty on 09/04/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like our new car, gas mileage is wonderful and it is fun to drive. I do have a couple complaints: after it rains the trunk holds water then when you lift the trunk it drains into the trunk. The touchscreen is too bright at night and can't turn it down. Also, the middle console is not designed very good. The cup holders are hard to reach and the little tray in the middle is back to far.

Impressed
By AJ on 06/29/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2010 Dodge Avenger R/T with the 4 cylinder engine. I was a little skeptical because of the small engine and "being a car". I have driven trucks around my whole life. I bought it because I drive a minimum of 600 miles a week with my new job, so the thought of 30 mpg was the deciding factor. I have had it for almost 3 months and have 7,000 miles on it, and I could not be happier. I average 27 mpg, that includes city and highway. I have had two trips that were all highway, my first I got 37 mpg and the second was 33. I always fill it up and reset the tripometer so my calculations are true. It is a great car and fits all my needs, even putting my rode bike in the back seat

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Avenger in WA is:

$173 per month*