2009 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Computer problem?

2009 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

Computer problem?
By vegilover on

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second ND winter wtih this vehicle. It gets around all right, however on the first below zero day the computer gets confused and the entire car dies. this has happened both winters. The dealer claims it just needed a computer update but that's not adding up for me. Has anyone else had this problem? My warranty is almost up and I'm very concerned it will happen again next winter. It's fine once they reset the computer. Very odd!!!!!

All show and no go, but good gas mileage. I love the heated seats & cupholder. Comfy ride!

The chrome looks great, but look out if it's sunny. There are a couple blind spots.
By svera410
on 08/08/12 16:11 PM (PDT)

My avenger sxt is pretty, I am also wondering if there is a computer problem. My car has 35,000 miles on it, but is no longer under warranty. My ABS light came on a week ago& sometimes makes a weird scraping clunking sound. the brakes were replaced all the way around 5 months ago& still look great. What made me think of a computer problem is now my cruise control will not work. The light comes on when the button is pushed in, but will not stay on or go on cruise when you try to set it. I called the dealership and there are no recalls and the warranty is expired because it is now three years old. This is ridiculous for a three year old car. am not happy at all.