2009 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Great car, mostly.

2009 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

2009 Dodge Avenger

SXT Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great car, mostly.
By shicks on

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My vehicle has some defects, both in design and manufacturing. I place a baseball cap over the shifter to prevent sunlight reflections, bad design. The upper front door seals leak air at highway speeds, attempted to have this corrected at the dealership, they said there is nothing to do about it. I find that if I press the seal with my finger about 4 inches below the top of the window the sound of the leak goes away. I recommend not leaving cans of soda in the ChillZone compartment, I have had a few failures of the cans which are likely due to overheating of the cans (the compartment lid is dark). The avg. fuel economy indicator shows 1 mpg greater than actual, calculated on long trips.

Being able to burn DVDs of MP3s and use the disc changer with ~50 Gigs available on dual layer dvds. My car actually has the 2.7L engine, which qualified my 2001 Ford P71 for the cash for clunkers credit. I would have purchased the R/T 3.5L model if it got 1 MPG combined EPA rating better.

I would like to have a replacement trim piece for the chrome around the shifter, in a black pattern similar to the rest of the dash. A kit to correct the window air leak sound which occurs on both front windows. A reminder that cans are in the chiller when the outside temp is over 70 deg F.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review