2009 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Avenger Lover
By RMU on 08/07/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I too don't understand the poor ratings from Edmunds. This car is awesome! I call it my mini-Charger! Exterior styling is great, interior styling nice with my SXT (older version as the 'newer' '09 SXT is the earlier '09 SE-a bit confusing)! Excellent sound system, Huge interior and trunk space, a real head turner! I'm 6-4" and have more space than I need without compromising space for rear passengers. Can't say enough good things about this car. oh, and 33+ mpg on the highway! Long Live Dodge!

I love it, but could be better
By telamm on 08/06/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this after getting rid of my clunker Mountaineer-V8. So naturally I am going to have to get used to the 4 Cyl. But I love the ride, the lack of noise, and the way the car looks. The chrome on the inside is blinding during the day, haven't come up with a solution to that yet. The 4- Speed Trans is a little primitive. The car would be 3x better if it was a 5. Other than steeping down so far into a 4 cyl, I love the car. Very good decision and paid THOUSANDS less than getting a Fusion, Malibu, Accord (even civic). I paid $ll.2k after taxes!

LOVE my Avenger!!! No regrets!
By JMB*08 on 08/04/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Avenger 2 months ago after a LONG search. I was a little worried about purchasing a Dodge but... Definitely no regrets! Great price. Avg 24 MPGs, nice smooth ride with lots of power even in my 4cyl engine. I find myself speeding a lot it's so smooth. Lots of room in back seat. I have 3 boys ages 13, 15, and 8 and they all fit very comfortably. Big sized trunk...I'm routinely carrying 3 baseball bags, 4 folding chairs and 2 handled cooler with extra room left. Comfy front seats, LOVE the Sirus radio. And you cant miss the exterior looks! The Avenger is fierce looking...great style!

2009 Avenger
By fields on 08/02/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this 2009 avenger new it had 103 miles on it. It has a 2.7v-6 SXT. We love the outside, the inside and it rides and drives great. Hope I still like it when it has 103,000. :)

Love it
By Bobc on 07/29/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Not sure why Edmunds slammed this car so bad??? I Love it! I test drove the Malibu and then the Avenger, and liked it better. It is roomer, just as smooth a ride, and had a little more pickup to it. Plus the Malibu still has the Grampa car look to it, but not the Avenger. Awesome sound system!

From Mercedes to a Dodge
By Vengance on 06/11/09 19:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a dozen Mercedes,and still have 2. The one I drove most is a 4.5L V8 SL. I went on a new car shopping weekend, determined for another Mercedes. Some how ended up liking the looks of the Avenger. Took a test drive, actually 3, at 3 different dealers. Fell in LOVE. I don't know if others who wrote reviews bought earlier in the year, but mine was made a month before I bought it. Performance is phenominal! I found my self speeding,ALOT. Coming from a V8 I am impressed. It is a 4cylinder mind you and only 2.4L. Mine has the VVT engine, could be the difference. Interior and trunk space HUGE. Edmunds is wrong on "MY" Avenger. Electronics and kid friendliness AWESOME!Sports car/mini van

Trim in the interior
By tbarlow on 06/04/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2009 Avenger SXT. Love it except for the chrome/silver trim around and on the gear shifter. During the day, the sun comes in and reflects off the trim and right into the my face. I find I have to place my check book or wallet next to the gear shifter to keep the sun out of my eyes while driving. I also end up driving with my hand on the shifter so the sun won't reflect up.

Great Vehicle - Great Mileage
By bluemoon on 05/25/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I get 29 to 31 mpg on the highway with my RT, with a 35 and 6 speed trans. Power when you need it.

Happy with the down size
By kris on 04/01/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a Dodge caravan to this. I was expecting better mpg. I get 21mpg w/80% city. I couldn't pass a turtle going downhill. But the car suits my need and my kids get in and out just fine. It is a great cheap car that is sharp on inside and out.

Great Car! Fun to Drive
By Ancona on 02/27/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first car so I can be accused of not being experienced, but I will say from what I can tell. The car is great. It rides smoot and quiet. Very comfortable and has plenty of space for passangers and cargo. It could stand to have some buttons moved around like the hands free button on the left side instead of the right. Overall great car. I love it and plan taking good care of it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Avenger in VA is:

$131 per month*