2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Reliable and hansom car
By mattshomeworld on 06/27/12 01:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car after trading my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee when repair bills and transmission problem where getting to much and the car only had 53k . I have 60k miles so far and not once had a problem with the car other then changing the battery due to the heat in Phoenix. The design and style is attractive and the interior despite it's bad reviews I love. The gas millage is great with mine getting 29mpg on average. The only complaint I have is the 4spd transmission is really slow at picking up when you need the power but other then that this car is awesome.

Computer problem?
By vegilover on 12/21/10 10:47 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second ND winter wtih this vehicle. It gets around all right, however on the first below zero day the computer gets confused and the entire car dies. this has happened both winters. The dealer claims it just needed a computer update but that's not adding up for me. Has anyone else had this problem? My warranty is almost up and I'm very concerned it will happen again next winter. It's fine once they reset the computer. Very odd!!!!!

Great Deal, chicks Love it
By Dave on 08/12/10 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new for $15,300, under the cash for clunkers program. Beautiful red paint job. Chicks love to look. Looks fast, but performs average. Great gas mileage, average 25 mpg overall. Besides oil changes the only reason the for a dealer serviced my dodge was I Had a water leak in the trunk. It was the spoiler, tighten the screw stopped the leak. And a loose negative ground cable which cause battery light to come on. All warranty. Handles local roads well, never been stuck on these poor Alaskan roads. Seats comfortable. Cruise and power features are great.

Winter in PA
By Kayleen on 06/21/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for four months & have experienced a winter w/ it and dread the next! Slides & gets stuck easily, hopefully I just need different tires. Couple blind spots. Had to get the seal around the brake light on the trunk replaced, leaked water inside Everywhere! Paint chips very easily on the bumpers w/ little pebbles. Car also runs very loudly even in park & under the hood is not very convenient, the battery is under fuses & stuff. I'd certainly go back to my FORD.

Decent Sedan - Felt Right
By Chen on 04/26/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2009 - Dodge Avenger SXT Flexfuel 2.7L V6 Automatic Well this is my first car, but I've driven hell load of different cars from compacts to heavy construction machines. I was looking for a sportier 2010 Mazda three, so I borrowed this one to get to the dealer and for me it felt right. The pedals weren't touchy and and the steering was just right for my likings. Compared to a 2010 Mazda 3 I can actually have control of my speed without looking at my speedometer every second. Some might not like it because the lack of pep. As for comfort, love the seats. I am tall with long legs and a bad back, so the leg room is pretty fantastic for me.

Great car, mostly.
By shicks on 12/30/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My vehicle has some defects, both in design and manufacturing. I place a baseball cap over the shifter to prevent sunlight reflections, bad design. The upper front door seals leak air at highway speeds, attempted to have this corrected at the dealership, they said there is nothing to do about it. I find that if I press the seal with my finger about 4 inches below the top of the window the sound of the leak goes away. I recommend not leaving cans of soda in the ChillZone compartment, I have had a few failures of the cans which are likely due to overheating of the cans (the compartment lid is dark). The avg. fuel economy indicator shows 1 mpg greater than actual, calculated on long trips.

Problems not solved
By Marie on 11/12/09 17:24 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

May 19,2009 I traded in a 2002 Dodge Intrepid for the 2009 Dodge Avenger. Nothing wrong with the Intrepid, now I wish I"d of kept it. The second month I had it I noticed some white areas appearing on the driver inside panel door. Called Cryslers 800 number & they said I should go to the dealer, which I have made 6 trips to them now. They say I need to wash it off each time it appears. It is Nov.12,2009 I am very disappointed & am not a happy customer. A brand new car should not be doing this. As a woman, appearance means a lot to me. They said I notice it because it is black vinyl, all cars have it. What a lame excuse. We will be replacing a Van soon, it will not be with a Chrysler product.

This Avenger is Great!
By Mike W. on 09/02/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this '09 Avenger SXT at the end of June. I was trading in an '03 Intrepid that had been great for me but it was time to go new. And I was ready to go back to 4-cyl. The car looked great and handled the test drive much better than what I had read about its performance. No complaints at all two months later. Love the satellite radio! Love the interior room! Love the easy handling! Love the smoothness! Have figured out the blind spot issue - no problem at all.

GROSSLY Underrated!!
By Bill on 08/18/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2009 sxt (2.7l v^) in November of 2008 and love it to death! Solid construction; beautiful design; fast performance; overall, it's great! Just because it's not an import is no reason for car & driver and Edmund's to slam it. They rank it low on "fun to drive, " and they either didn't drive one or are stupid! This car is a blast!

2009 Avenger
By fields on 08/02/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this 2009 avenger new it had 103 miles on it. It has a 2.7v-6 SXT. We love the outside, the inside and it rides and drives great. Hope I still like it when it has 103,000. :)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan in VA is:

$139 per month*