2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Thank you, Dodge.
By gutterballgt on 12/25/10 18:11 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Avenger may well have saved my life yesterday. Christmas Eve, and an old man with hearing aids nearly caused a head-on collision with me by veering into on-coming traffic in an ill-timed attempt to make a left. Between my seatbelt and the airbag, I barely felt the collision (I managed to swerve enough to clonk into his rear quarterpanel as he turned) and am not sore at all today. Plus, this car is built like a tank because, despite the harsh hit, only the front end was damaged. Not sure how much yet (it being Christmas, the insurance companies aren't out for blood yet), but I know it's not nearly as much as it probably should be. So thank you, Dodge. Thank you for my wonderful car.

Avenger
By bee on 05/31/10 18:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got an avenger today and I am loving it. I drove 83 miles on a full tank by the time I got home it was 1/4 tank used. I love this ride. I also have 2 teenagers and a 2 yr boys room I have for them and that's what I was looking for. Go get one try it you'll love it

Alternative to Cookie-Cutter Sedans
By James on 10/05/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've always liked the look of the Dodge Charger, but they're too big and too rear-wheel driven for the wife, so we went with the "Baby Charger." First off, it looks like no other sedan out there. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing is up to you, but we love it. Bright red with tinted windows looks pretty mean. Interior controls are layed out nicely, but build quality (uneven gaps, rock-hard platics, etc) is a little lacking. We average mid-to-high 20's for gas mileage. Engine gets the job done but you won't win any races.

I love it, but could be better
By telamm on 08/06/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this after getting rid of my clunker Mountaineer-V8. So naturally I am going to have to get used to the 4 Cyl. But I love the ride, the lack of noise, and the way the car looks. The chrome on the inside is blinding during the day, haven't come up with a solution to that yet. The 4- Speed Trans is a little primitive. The car would be 3x better if it was a 5. Other than steeping down so far into a 4 cyl, I love the car. Very good decision and paid THOUSANDS less than getting a Fusion, Malibu, Accord (even civic). I paid $ll.2k after taxes!

LOVE my Avenger!!! No regrets!
By JMB*08 on 08/04/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Avenger 2 months ago after a LONG search. I was a little worried about purchasing a Dodge but... Definitely no regrets! Great price. Avg 24 MPGs, nice smooth ride with lots of power even in my 4cyl engine. I find myself speeding a lot it's so smooth. Lots of room in back seat. I have 3 boys ages 13, 15, and 8 and they all fit very comfortably. Big sized trunk...I'm routinely carrying 3 baseball bags, 4 folding chairs and 2 handled cooler with extra room left. Comfy front seats, LOVE the Sirus radio. And you cant miss the exterior looks! The Avenger is fierce looking...great style!

Love it
By Bobc on 07/29/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Not sure why Edmunds slammed this car so bad??? I Love it! I test drove the Malibu and then the Avenger, and liked it better. It is roomer, just as smooth a ride, and had a little more pickup to it. Plus the Malibu still has the Grampa car look to it, but not the Avenger. Awesome sound system!

Happy with the down size
By kris on 04/01/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a Dodge caravan to this. I was expecting better mpg. I get 21mpg w/80% city. I couldn't pass a turtle going downhill. But the car suits my need and my kids get in and out just fine. It is a great cheap car that is sharp on inside and out.

Dodge did it again
By Jim on 11/17/08 05:23 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife but it is just a great car and fun to drive. Our gas mileage after installing Amsoil went up to 37 city 41 hwy. I would recomend this car to everyone. It will keep your family safe

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*