Used 2009 Dodge Avenger SXT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Reliable and hansom car
By mattshomeworld

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car after trading my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee when repair bills and transmission problem where getting to much and the car only had 53k . I have 60k miles so far and not once had a problem with the car other then changing the battery due to the heat in Phoenix. The design and style is attractive and the interior despite it's bad reviews I love. The gas millage is great with mine getting 29mpg on average. The only complaint I have is the 4spd transmission is really slow at picking up when you need the power but other then that this car is awesome.

The overall design of the car

The slow power of the engine needs major work... A Geo Metro has more pick up power then this car.

Computer problem?
By vegilover

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second ND winter wtih this vehicle. It gets around all right, however on the first below zero day the computer gets confused and the entire car dies. this has happened both winters. The dealer claims it just needed a computer update but that's not adding up for me. Has anyone else had this problem? My warranty is almost up and I'm very concerned it will happen again next winter. It's fine once they reset the computer. Very odd!!!!!

All show and no go, but good gas mileage. I love the heated seats & cupholder. Comfy ride!

The chrome looks great, but look out if it's sunny. There are a couple blind spots.

Great Deal, chicks Love it
By Dave

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new for $15,300, under the cash for clunkers program. Beautiful red paint job. Chicks love to look. Looks fast, but performs average. Great gas mileage, average 25 mpg overall. Besides oil changes the only reason the for a dealer serviced my dodge was I Had a water leak in the trunk. It was the spoiler, tighten the screw stopped the leak. And a loose negative ground cable which cause battery light to come on. All warranty. Handles local roads well, never been stuck on these poor Alaskan roads. Seats comfortable. Cruise and power features are great.

Power options, cruise and mileage. Trunk space

Design floor in trunk. In a rainy climate water drips in trunk compartment when you open it in the rain. Upgrade the 4 speed transmission to the 6 speed.

Winter in PA
By Kayleen

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for four months & have experienced a winter w/ it and dread the next! Slides & gets stuck easily, hopefully I just need different tires. Couple blind spots. Had to get the seal around the brake light on the trunk replaced, leaked water inside Everywhere! Paint chips very easily on the bumpers w/ little pebbles. Car also runs very loudly even in park & under the hood is not very convenient, the battery is under fuses & stuff. I'd certainly go back to my FORD.

Looks pretty, seats are comfortable, great gas mileage!

Bigger console, under the hood you have to search for things, get better seals & stripping for car is leaking only 1yr old, VERY loud ticking & slow

Decent Sedan - Felt Right
By Chen

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2009 - Dodge Avenger SXT Flexfuel 2.7L V6 Automatic Well this is my first car, but I've driven hell load of different cars from compacts to heavy construction machines. I was looking for a sportier 2010 Mazda three, so I borrowed this one to get to the dealer and for me it felt right. The pedals weren't touchy and and the steering was just right for my likings. Compared to a 2010 Mazda 3 I can actually have control of my speed without looking at my speedometer every second. Some might not like it because the lack of pep. As for comfort, love the seats. I am tall with long legs and a bad back, so the leg room is pretty fantastic for me.

PROS Styling Steering Comfort - Legroom front and back seat Nice Trunk Space Flexfuel helps with highway driving

CONS Could be quieter ride Blind spot in passenger side rear window Interior materials are just okay Lack of "pep" Small side mirrors