Used 2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Nice one, Dodge!
By mordo3232

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! This car is AMAZING!! Love the heated seats and every thing! It has awesome reliability great MPG with 30 Hwy 25 City! Just amazing! Way to go Dodge!

Cooled cup holders, Heated Seats, ABS, Traction Control, leather, Sirius Satellite Radio W/Navigation, Sunroof.

Cooled seats. ;)

Reliable and hansom car
By mattshomeworld

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car after trading my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee when repair bills and transmission problem where getting to much and the car only had 53k . I have 60k miles so far and not once had a problem with the car other then changing the battery due to the heat in Phoenix. The design and style is attractive and the interior despite it's bad reviews I love. The gas millage is great with mine getting 29mpg on average. The only complaint I have is the 4spd transmission is really slow at picking up when you need the power but other then that this car is awesome.

The overall design of the car

The slow power of the engine needs major work... A Geo Metro has more pick up power then this car.

Thank you, Dodge.
By gutterballgt

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Avenger may well have saved my life yesterday. Christmas Eve, and an old man with hearing aids nearly caused a head-on collision with me by veering into on-coming traffic in an ill-timed attempt to make a left. Between my seatbelt and the airbag, I barely felt the collision (I managed to swerve enough to clonk into his rear quarterpanel as he turned) and am not sore at all today. Plus, this car is built like a tank because, despite the harsh hit, only the front end was damaged. Not sure how much yet (it being Christmas, the insurance companies aren't out for blood yet), but I know it's not nearly as much as it probably should be. So thank you, Dodge. Thank you for my wonderful car.

Computer problem?
By vegilover

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second ND winter wtih this vehicle. It gets around all right, however on the first below zero day the computer gets confused and the entire car dies. this has happened both winters. The dealer claims it just needed a computer update but that's not adding up for me. Has anyone else had this problem? My warranty is almost up and I'm very concerned it will happen again next winter. It's fine once they reset the computer. Very odd!!!!!

All show and no go, but good gas mileage. I love the heated seats & cupholder. Comfy ride!

The chrome looks great, but look out if it's sunny. There are a couple blind spots.

After 2 years, still awesome!
By Bill

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2.7l SXT for two years now and it is still an awesome ride! It handles flawlessly, excellent in snow and rain and VERY smooth. The engine is VERY quiet and idles smooth. Overall quality has been excellent! No problems at all in the 2 years and the paint is solid. Gas mileage has been 22-24 mpg city and 28- 31 mpg highway. LOTS of power and VERY fun to drive!

6-cylinder is strong; idles smooth; solid construction; no problems.

Bring back the 2.7 L V6 as a mid-grade option