Used 2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Peter Welshofer

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. It is a [non-permissible content removed]. Always in the shop. always breaking down. Please do not buy any DODGE product.

Totally Disappointed
By Devin

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At 50,000 miles on it. It's leaking puddles of water onto my passenger floor board. Took it to my mechanic, and he said the whole dashboard is gonna have to come out. I've been through two sets of brake pads. I'm starting to believe I have a very horribly built car.

Nice one, Dodge!
By mordo3232

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! This car is AMAZING!! Love the heated seats and every thing! It has awesome reliability great MPG with 30 Hwy 25 City! Just amazing! Way to go Dodge!

Cooled cup holders, Heated Seats, ABS, Traction Control, leather, Sirius Satellite Radio W/Navigation, Sunroof.

Cooled seats. ;)

Reliable and hansom car
By mattshomeworld

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car after trading my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee when repair bills and transmission problem where getting to much and the car only had 53k . I have 60k miles so far and not once had a problem with the car other then changing the battery due to the heat in Phoenix. The design and style is attractive and the interior despite it's bad reviews I love. The gas millage is great with mine getting 29mpg on average. The only complaint I have is the 4spd transmission is really slow at picking up when you need the power but other then that this car is awesome.

The overall design of the car

The slow power of the engine needs major work... A Geo Metro has more pick up power then this car.

Thank you, Dodge.
By gutterballgt

2009 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Avenger may well have saved my life yesterday. Christmas Eve, and an old man with hearing aids nearly caused a head-on collision with me by veering into on-coming traffic in an ill-timed attempt to make a left.

Between my seatbelt and the airbag, I barely felt the collision (I managed to swerve enough to clonk into his rear quarterpanel as he turned) and am not sore at all today. Plus, this car is built like a tank because, despite the harsh hit, only the front end was damaged. Not sure how much yet (it being Christmas, the insurance companies aren't out for blood yet), but I know it's not nearly as much as it probably should be.

So thank you, Dodge. Thank you for my wonderful car.