2009 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Nice one, Dodge!
By mordo3232 on 01/27/13 13:23 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! This car is AMAZING!! Love the heated seats and every thing! It has awesome reliability great MPG with 30 Hwy 25 City! Just amazing! Way to go Dodge!

Reliable and hansom car
By mattshomeworld on 06/27/12 01:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car after trading my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee when repair bills and transmission problem where getting to much and the car only had 53k . I have 60k miles so far and not once had a problem with the car other then changing the battery due to the heat in Phoenix. The design and style is attractive and the interior despite it's bad reviews I love. The gas millage is great with mine getting 29mpg on average. The only complaint I have is the 4spd transmission is really slow at picking up when you need the power but other then that this car is awesome.

Thank you, Dodge.
By gutterballgt on 12/25/10 18:11 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Avenger may well have saved my life yesterday. Christmas Eve, and an old man with hearing aids nearly caused a head-on collision with me by veering into on-coming traffic in an ill-timed attempt to make a left. Between my seatbelt and the airbag, I barely felt the collision (I managed to swerve enough to clonk into his rear quarterpanel as he turned) and am not sore at all today. Plus, this car is built like a tank because, despite the harsh hit, only the front end was damaged. Not sure how much yet (it being Christmas, the insurance companies aren't out for blood yet), but I know it's not nearly as much as it probably should be. So thank you, Dodge. Thank you for my wonderful car.

Computer problem?
By vegilover on 12/21/10 10:47 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second ND winter wtih this vehicle. It gets around all right, however on the first below zero day the computer gets confused and the entire car dies. this has happened both winters. The dealer claims it just needed a computer update but that's not adding up for me. Has anyone else had this problem? My warranty is almost up and I'm very concerned it will happen again next winter. It's fine once they reset the computer. Very odd!!!!!

After 2 years, still awesome!
By Bill on 08/18/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2.7l SXT for two years now and it is still an awesome ride! It handles flawlessly, excellent in snow and rain and VERY smooth. The engine is VERY quiet and idles smooth. Overall quality has been excellent! No problems at all in the 2 years and the paint is solid. Gas mileage has been 22-24 mpg city and 28- 31 mpg highway. LOTS of power and VERY fun to drive!

Great Deal, chicks Love it
By Dave on 08/12/10 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new for $15,300, under the cash for clunkers program. Beautiful red paint job. Chicks love to look. Looks fast, but performs average. Great gas mileage, average 25 mpg overall. Besides oil changes the only reason the for a dealer serviced my dodge was I Had a water leak in the trunk. It was the spoiler, tighten the screw stopped the leak. And a loose negative ground cable which cause battery light to come on. All warranty. Handles local roads well, never been stuck on these poor Alaskan roads. Seats comfortable. Cruise and power features are great.

Winter in PA
By Kayleen on 06/21/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for four months & have experienced a winter w/ it and dread the next! Slides & gets stuck easily, hopefully I just need different tires. Couple blind spots. Had to get the seal around the brake light on the trunk replaced, leaked water inside Everywhere! Paint chips very easily on the bumpers w/ little pebbles. Car also runs very loudly even in park & under the hood is not very convenient, the battery is under fuses & stuff. I'd certainly go back to my FORD.

Avenger
By bee on 05/31/10 18:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got an avenger today and I am loving it. I drove 83 miles on a full tank by the time I got home it was 1/4 tank used. I love this ride. I also have 2 teenagers and a 2 yr boys room I have for them and that's what I was looking for. Go get one try it you'll love it

Great Ride
By Doug on 05/02/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/08 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. I bought it to have a more reliable ride for the hour long drive i have to work. It preforms very well in bad weather and seems to handle flooded streets with ease. The vehicle handles very well making turns fluently and with little effort. Its nav system, touch screen digital radio, and sun roof make the drive fun. Its driver power adjusted seat and heated front leather seats are very comfortable. the only negative thing that i can think of is that the 6 cylinder engine gets about 25 miles to the gallon and i would like to see it get a little better than that to save money and off set the cost of the car. Other than that no complaints at all.

Decent Sedan - Felt Right
By Chen on 04/26/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2009 - Dodge Avenger SXT Flexfuel 2.7L V6 Automatic Well this is my first car, but I've driven hell load of different cars from compacts to heavy construction machines. I was looking for a sportier 2010 Mazda three, so I borrowed this one to get to the dealer and for me it felt right. The pedals weren't touchy and and the steering was just right for my likings. Compared to a 2010 Mazda 3 I can actually have control of my speed without looking at my speedometer every second. Some might not like it because the lack of pep. As for comfort, love the seats. I am tall with long legs and a bad back, so the leg room is pretty fantastic for me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Avenger in VA is:

$135 per month*