2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Worst car I've owned

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Review

Worst car I've owned

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Avenger 5 months ago and have made several repairs. #1-Rotors were shot. Replaced rotors and had rear brake drums turned. #2-Air Filter lid was too tight. Broke when I tried to replace. Dealer had to order part and fix. #3-Car died twice when I came to a stop. Dealer had to update software on the car. Finally, my car got stuck in park this weekend. Now it is in the shop to get repaired again. This car is a joke. Looks great on the outside. Made with cheap parts. NEVER buy a Dodge. I owned a Stratus before & didn't learn my lesson. As soon as I paid off my Stratus the transmission went out. I could either pay huge $$ for repairs or get rid of it. Folks, Dodge still hasn't learned.

Appearance on the outside is great.

Braking system needs improvements. Rotors are cheap. Brakes cannot handle the car. Find a new air filter cover assembly. Don't use plastic parts in the gear shift assembly. This is cheap junk!
By mommame
on 08/07/12 18:27 PM (PDT)

Listen, There were people who bought these new and a few months later they found the routers were warped. They were selling these off the lot like that. Believe me I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER. I know this comment is about a used one, But on Avenger forums it is well known.