Surprisingly Fun to Drive
By Gary in Dayton, OH on
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is the first Chrysler product I have ever owned. I have always had four cylinder, mainly manual transmission econocars. Most of the cars were imports too. I was put off at first by the negative consumer magazine reviews of the Avenger. However, after I took it out for a long test ride, I was surprised how well it handled and accelerated. It corners really well for a car of its size and weight. I really appreciate the kick of the six cylinder as I enter highways. I no longer live in fear of getting mowed down by semi trucks in the slow lane. I bought the car primarily for its looks but have not been disappointed by its reliability, performance and fuel economy. Critics be damned!!
Favorite Features
I love its aggressive, distinctive looks! I've been told it is a real chick magnet with its metallic orange paint finish. It has great acceleration, reasonable gas mileage, and great open road ride. I like the Sirius radio and cold/hot beverage holders. It has a fairly roomy, well shaped trunk.
Suggested Improvements
I like the looks of the interior but its finish is no match for any of the imports. Lots of hard, bland plastic. Like others have stated, the trunk lid will dump rain water into the interior of the trunk. The chrome shifter creates a glare on sunny days.