Not quite sure yet
By incubritt2010 on
2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Bought the car in Oct 2011. No significant problems so far. It shutters a bit between 35-50. No explaination for that. I got a transmission flush last week and that helped significantly. It also has a bit of trouble starting once in awhile after I put gas in it. It always starts, though. My service engine light came on last week, and they told me it was a large evap leak? My gas cap was fine, so there could be a small crack in my vapor hose. Nothing major. My mechanic suggested some new spark plugs as well. Other than that, I really have no complaints about this car so far. My trunk does not leak, btw, since I saw that was a common complaint.
Favorite Features
Smooth and quiet ride Gas Mileage (traded in a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe for this car, I've saved a significant amount in gas!) Rims Dash cooler (extra glove box) Backseat armrest and cup holder Large and spacious Large, spacy front end (my mechanic told me this is a very easy car to work on because of all the room under the hood) I was happy about that. The easier it is for them to access parts, the less labor costs/time if things need to be worked on!
Suggested Improvements
Boring interior/dashboard (not like this is a big deal, but my first impression of the car left me less than impressed) It's just boxy, sqaure, and plain. I also do not have a temperature indicator in my car, which I loved in my Sante Fe and was dissapointed this car did not have that being a 2008 model. Blind spot - you'll need to rely a lot on your side mirrors. The decorative little triangles in the back window and high headrests make a nice wall of blindness. Seats are a bit uncomfortable, but not terrible
By incubritt2010
on 03/13/12 14:49 PM (PDT)

I forgot to mention it has an awesome sound system as well.