2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Just don't do it

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

Just don't do it
By neverbuydodge on

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my car new in Sept '08. Radio has been replaced 3 times now! First time the CD player refused to open/eject. 2nd time the radio mysteriously erased my collection of over 300 songs I'd downloaded, and stopped loading my pics. 3rd time the radio started acting odd, then just died altogether. That was finally replaced with a "new" radio, on which the screen now randomly goes completely black so that you can't use the touch screen at all, and most of the buttons are on the touch screen. Tires were cracking and had to be replaced at around 30,000 miles. Transmission has a leak now. Dealership and Corporate both were a pain to deal with, very frustrating!

It is fun to drive, when it's not making bad noises, the roads aren't slick, and the radio is actually working. And when there is no traffic so that I don't have to turn (and almost hit someone in my blind spot) or change lanes (and almost hit someone in my blind spot).

Quality!!!!!! This vehicle was obviously made when Chrysler was low on funds, and they used the cheapest methods available. No new car should have this many problems. No American company should give such horrible customer service. I'll never ever buy Dodge again!