It Is What It Is
By notimeatall on
2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Recently bought a base model 08 Avenger with ABS for my kids to drive. They've already totaled one vehicle so I was looking for something safe and inexpensive. While I would never have bought the Avenger new, this car has worked out very well for us. Key points for us were: Safety - IIHS Top Safety pick. Check out the side impact videos on IIHS's site. Cost - We bought this vehicle for $7000 less than a comparable mileage 08 Honda Accord would have cost. I don't expect it to last like a Honda, but we only expect 6K miles per year, and the $7000 will buy a lot of nuisance repairs! I would not, however, have considered the $20K for new one - they DO depreciate FAST
Favorite Features
Safety. Stereo. Styling (love it or hate it, at least it HAS some styling, compared to 90% of the other mid-sized sedans out there). I'm not a huge fan of Dodge's recent styling trend, but it is much better than nothing at all in this department.
Suggested Improvements
In a used car for the purpose for which we bought it, can't make any suggestions.
By mommame
on 06/29/13 10:35 AM (PDT)

Slusser I have a 2008 since I bought it new I have a stack of repair invoices I have never seen with any other car I've had. WORST CAR I EVER OWNED. I just talked to my husband (We keep our cars for over 10 years) and said I doubt it's going to make it to 100,000. I've had 2 fires,Steering rack shot,fuel pump,etc.

By slusser8
on 08/12/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

I just bought this car two weeks ago. I have had nothing but trouble with it since I left the car lot. I haven't even made my first payment yet and I called the car lot they won't stand behind the car they just tell me well it said as is. But I was told I had a 30 day warrenty on it and two weeks later I can't even start it. I would not recommend this car to anyone it is a piece of junk.