If This Helps Just One Person.....
By badavenger on
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
If you're considering buying an 08 Avenger, DON'T!! My warranty expired on 10/09/11 (due to time, not mileage), 4 DAYS LATER, while getting new tires, the valve stem split apart when the valve cap was removed. Dodge won't authorize reimbursment of TPMS valve assembly. Then 15 days later I find out I need a new alternator after hearing a whining noise and battery idiot light came on while stopped. There's only 32,000 miles on the freakin' car!!! If I can help just one person save money with this review, then the time spent registering as a new user is worth it.
By commenter
on 06/12/13 21:07 PM (PDT)

Your ditching a reliable car because of a $5 tire valve stem?!?! Alternator going out at 32,000 isn't great..but alternators/starters/water pumps go out on vehicles...very common...usual at least 70,000 miles though.

By nfs
on 03/15/12 14:56 PM (PDT)

They told me that a rock prob did it yep they always try to weasel out of paying for something.

By mommame
on 06/29/13 09:44 AM (PDT)

Hey Commenter she's right by ditching it. It's not a reliable car. I have a stack of repair invoices and the car has 50,000 on it. Two fires, Bad steering rack, Bad fuel pump, Bad alternator, Bad starter, and numerous plastic parts that should be metal. There are other things and if you would like I will send you the invoices. Now it's stalling. You tell me if this isn't a bad car. I had a Dodge Daytona for 16 years and sold it to buy this piece of junk. It nearly got me and my kids killed while stalling on the parkway. You want it, You can have it.