I absolutely love this car
By Darrell on
2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I got one of the first on the lot and fell in love with it at first sight. Great styling. Pick-up is great but I'm no rabbit and the worst mileage I've gotten is 28.1 with 32.2 on a recent long trip. Sure is nice to drive 7+ hours before I have to fill up with cruise control set on 73. I'm over 60 and it's easy to get in and out of. The interior is well laid out and very quiet. Love that can cooler and 6 CD changer for long drives. Fold down rear arm rest is the best yet for passengers. Trunk is humungous and makes it easy to stash lots of stuff. Also love the dual-level console with the sliding arm rest so I can put it where I need it. The adjustable lumbar support is great.
Favorite Features
Mileage. After that performance, comfort of ride, lumbar support, stereo system, can cooler and how could I forget the lifetime warranty on the drive train.
Suggested Improvements
16" stock Firestone tires have to go because they don't hold traction on wet pavement. Driver's seat cushion can be rather hard on a long drive and the fabric is great for catching sesame seeds. Shiny trim around shifter needs to be dulled so it doesn't reflect the sun.