Great Purchase!!
By sonyam2 on
2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I recently purchased a 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT two weeks ago; white/gray pinstripe with tan cloth interior, heated seats. I am so glad I did not refer to the reviews I read when buying. I am having the most fun out of my car. I agree about the blind spots, but those little mirrors do the trick. I have the sporty SXT with sunroof, spoiler on the rear, and all the chrome trimmings. I love the way the car handles. I traded in my Saturn VUE and I really got a GREAT deal on my Dodge. I previously owned 2 Saturns and decided to go with a car and something sporty. Dodge did again, I love my baby charger!!!! As some have wrote on here, you have to go with your gut sometimes, and I did just that!!
Favorite Features
I am loving the sunroof, heated seats, and my stereo is AMAZING!! I especially like all the chrome. As the song says, "her favorite color is chrome." One of the neatest features I think also is the little personal cooler in the dash for the canned sodas. Great idea!! The back seat is room enough for my family and I am looking forward to my road trip in July to California in my Dodge.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvements I can see is the issue with the blind spots when looking to change lanes. As I said before, those little mirrors do the trick. I also think the glove box could be a little bigger.
By red31088
on 03/24/11 09:55 AM (PDT)

I hope you do have better luck than the rest of of Dodge Avenger Owners. But most of all I hope you got the extended Warranty you will need it. I also have a 2008 Dodge Avenger and It has been the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought. I will never ever buy a chrysler or dodge again. Buy the way check you trunk when it rains. Oh yes it leaks so don't put anything in your truck that you don't want to get wet. The inter tie rods will go bad every 40,000 miles, the Power window will stop working every 40,000 miles. You will get recall notices every year for problems you just had fixed. You will read all the problems you are having on the internet as if you posted them yourself. Mine currently in shop for recall and Knocking coming from the engine. Mine is at 60,000 miles. I have the lifetime powertrain warranty so looks like I will be trying it out. Will let you know how that goes. But I do hope you enjoy your car better than I have my MONEY PIT!!!