Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

In the Shop
By Cris

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought in 2008 and it was in the shop three times in the first 6 weeks from a problem created by the dealer - failed to re-install the headliner correctly. Within 1 year, air conditioner failed due to a broken fan - that one took three tripe to two different dealer to fix. Now back in the shop at 27K miles with another fan failure. Also the passenger side window does not work and the transmission makes a horrid noise when it down shifts. Looks great, gas mileage is incredible (as high as 33 MPG on the highway), but can not rely on it. Dealer service departments in the area are fairly incompetent which does not help.

Gas mileage

Remove from the product line.

A Very Cool Nana's Avenger
By sportynana

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At age 63, I LOVE this car as it feels real 'sporty' to drive - even at my age! I've only owned it for 5 months - it has only 16,000 miles on it and so far, no troubles. It gets very good mileage - even around town. It's very easy to park the car (I had a van b/4 and had a very difficult time parking and backing up). It's just plain fun to drive and the gorgeous 'blue' color and 'spoiler' on the trunk is terrific!

comfort sporty feel and looks reliability good gas mileage

Head-turner in Europe
By Paganarh

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased as new on June of 09, so not even year old, but I'm really enjoying driving this car. Its smooth and relaxed, but doesn't object when you floor it to overtake another car on the freeway. Mind you, 2,4 is already to the "big" side, as far as engines go in Europe on middle class sedans. Only bone to pick is that "chill zone" a bit useless for me, darkening rear mirror works only when somebody is really riding your tail and default battery is weak- couldn't get car started when outside was "only" -20C/-4F, gonna change it for next winter. Other than that, I love this car and it really stands out amongst plain European and eastern cars around me. And there's only 4 Avengers in Estonia

comfort, exterior looks, trunk space, good sound system

upgrade the battery before you sell it in northern Europe

Not impressed
By Jill

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this avenger new off the lot and I have not been happy with many of the features. I drive for work and spend a lot of time inside my car. The second cup holder is located slightly under the console/armrest and it makes it difficult to use. At 50,000 miles my radio now occasionally shorts out. I also had a problem that it was just suddenly dying at stoplights however a factory computer update did solve this problem. It runs well otherwise, the net like seats are difficult to clean because small crumbs get stuck under this material. No repairs yet, but the interior space just seems crowded with supplies and the trunk lacks good space as well.

Multiple lighter plug ins for GPS and other chargers

interior cup holder and console area

Front Seats
By Slrozel

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love everything about my Avenger BUT, boy are the seats uncomfortable. They are so uncomfortable that I had to rig up some padding. They actually make my back hurt so bad that if traveling any distance, I have trouble walking. I think it puts pressure on a nerve in my lower back. Does the same thing to my husband who's almost 1 foot taller than me. It's not like a T- shirt where you keep the receipt and take it back if it doesn't fit. Also, the 4 cyl. is very sluggish in the low end but once it gets going it performs pretty good.

Body style, roomy, gas mileage

More comfortable seats. The ergonomic fad is not working.