2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Good car
By Todd on 06/10/09 22:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Avenger. 4 cylinder isn't going to grab much attention but moves car with the rest of traffic. Engine design is joint venture with hyundai and mitsubishi, seems to be very reliable. Ride is qiuet and comfortble. 300 mile road trip first weekend family of 4 fit perfectly. Rear armrest with cup holder was big hit. Yes fabric is comfortable and cleans up well. I love the exterior design and sirius radio is very nice for traveling. Fold down split rear seats come in handy on a weekly basis. Car gets all around fuel economy 28 mpg mixed hwy cty driving. 30 mpg is easy all hwy.

WARNING ABOUT BUYING A 2008 AVENGER
By WORST CAR TO OWN on 06/01/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Avenger in April 2008. I am very disappointed with it. I have 12,478 miles on it. Brakes grind, door and side pannels creek like crazy...cant find that problem to fix, Im on my 4th mygig radio(Keeps Freezing up). Sluggish tranny(4cyl). Front noises when you turn or go over a bump. AC doesnt work well, numerous blind spots, chrome plasic around shifter inside blinds driver, poorly designed trunk pours water into the trunk when wet and many many more just running out of room. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE.JUNK This is just the worst car I have ever owned. Back in 1997 I had a brand new avenger and loved it so I thought I would take a chance with the 2008. What a mistake.

Happy Avenger Owner
By DodgeSalesman on 05/23/09 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Avenger is definitely a Highmilage Vehicle and I bought it specifically for the Lifetime Warranty. With the 2.7V6 I get ~27+ MPG on the Highway and 23+ City. I love the fact it looks so different then all the Accords and Camry's on the road. I LOVE the MyGig Entertainment and have more than 1,000 songs and albums downloaded with still a TON of room to go. The Chill zone is Great even though it eats up a lil room in the glove box. Besides the Glove Box is for a Owners Manual and a couple parking tickets, the rest is trash! Plenty of room for both my kids and the Stain Repel Seats have already paid for themselves. I absolutely Love my Avenger!

Terrible! Do not purchase one!
By LL on 05/13/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Too many recalls to count. The car has stalled numuerous times, while waiting at a red light in traffic. Brake rotors and pads have been changed at 12,000 and 19,000 miles. They need to be replaced again at 27,000 miles. Paint is fading between back tires and rear passenger doors. In July 2008, dealership put on plastic film to stop the paint job from getting worse. The paint is now fading around the coating. On each side of the car, there is a 8 x 10 inch area that is light gray (versus the dark gray paint job. A terrible car for the money. Better to buy a Chevy Malibu or a Ford Fusion.

shudder city
By Matt on 04/15/09 21:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Transmission weak point on the vehicle. variable line pressure and modulated converter clutch not a good combination. car shudders during cruise has new updated converter and flash. still shudders. Check engine light on again. Fuel economy is pretty good and 4 wheel disc brakes work well. 2.7 Engine would be better with a manual transmission

I LOVE this car
By jln on 04/04/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 20,000 miles on it. As a person finishing up college, I was looking for something reliable and affordable yet still stilish and interesting. Fuel consumption is amazing- I took a 300 mile trip at around 75 mph speeds and used only 1/2 tank of gas. I look for any reason to drive this car! The 4 cylinder engine isn't dissappointing- it delivers adequate acceleration and plenty of power for me. The speakers are great, love the light grey interior, and although the seats are a little uncomfortably firm, I am adjusting. This isn't a luxury car but it's reasonably priced, gets a ton of compliments, and is a pleasure to operate, plus the fuel economy is great.

the jury is still out
By A.Green on 03/20/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 14,000 miles on it 8 months ago.It has ample power and plenty of interior space.It has more than it's share of blind spots and a rather cheesy interior. I like the sound system and smooth ride.But....without warning at 20,000 miles,when attempting to put the automatic transmission in gear one night after start up it would not budge.I tried everything suggested in the owners to no avail.Ended up getting towed to a dodge dealership where they somehow managed to unlock the shifter.They claimed to have replaced the shifter because it was broken which was an obvious lie.I have since learned that this "locking" shifter is a common Chrysler problem yet no recall is issued.

impressed
By armympof1 on 03/01/09 09:14 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car back in sept 2007 never was a big chrysler fan but test drove it and loved it.. i admit the 4cyl was not to my liking so drove the 6cyl 2.7 flexfuel and fell in love. have had a few minor things wrong but all new models usually do.. plus with the lifetime powertrain warranty dont have to much worrys. as far as the flexfuel i get less mileage but more horsepower than with the 87 octain where as with that i get better mileage but less horsepower. so those of you who are car shopping i recommend this vehicle. no complaints here....

Decided to buy American
By Mark Gonzalez on 02/17/09 19:27 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Toyota Corolla for the past 7 years and decided to buy American. Thought I'd go with a mini Charger muscle car and purchased the Avenger R/T. Goes like stink but the payoff is frequent stops at the pump. 6 speed auto stick should have been better engineered with a 5 speed. The interior comfort could be better as well as the quality and construction of materials, read cheap. Lots of great features though. Awesome sound system, creature comforts galore, powerful engine and lots of compliments from casual observers. Chrysler has something here, if they would just finish it off with a better interior grade of materials. Fun to drive. I'd give it an 8.

Would not recomend
By Avenger on 02/08/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Poor gas millage, poor interior design, poor performance. It feels very heavy for I4 engine. Very poor handling around the corners. Seats are hard. Not comfy. door packets are so small you can not even put an envelope. Steering soft but wobbly like Lincoln towncar. 0 to 60 forever. Only good thing is the slick look, other than that no comparison

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.