2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
DO NOT PURCHASE AN AVENGER!
By Eva Soto on 08/26/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ever heard "GORGEOUS ON THE OUTSIDE, HORRIBLE ON THE INSIDE". That's the perfect description for the Dodge Avenger! I bought my vehicle 10 months ago. I'm very disappointed - the vehicle is unreliable and the performance is poor. So far it's been to the shop twice! First the shifter got stuck on park. I had to pay to tow and replace the entire shifter assembly. Second, the car made squeaky noices when I moved the steering wheel. I had to take it back to the dealer for repairing...Now, I'm hearing a rattling noise in the engine...I can't wait to get rid of it!

second guess
By wendy on 08/14/09 20:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I thought this would have been the car for me after all the problems with the stratus. Boy! first thing brakes @ 15 mnths. 2nd, Stuck in park, 3rd battery died, computer had to be reset after vehicle was lazy in going. Car squeaks a lot. But, I love how it just go when the need arise.

so far so good
By Robert on 08/07/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2008 Dodge Avenger a few weeks ago. I went with this car because it looked way better than a Camry, Accord and all those other cars that look all alike. It drives good and my 2.7 V6 is pretty quick. I recommend going with the V6 model over the 4 banger. I drove both versions of the Avenger and the difference is like night and day. Interior is somewhat bland and the door panels are very hard to clean. There is one huge blind spot in this vehicle that I will have to get used to pretty quick. The 17" tires are perfect for the potholes I have to put up with where I live. This is my first Dodge and their styling right now is above and beyond everyone elses.

A great drive, A great car
By amanda utrera on 08/05/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What a great drive. I traded in my 2004 jeep liberty renegade for something that gets better gas mileage and I was not disappointed. I get 32+ miles on the highways and 28+ city. The 2.7V6 gives me lots of passing power and the stain repellent seats are worth their weight in gold. I tell everyone I talk to that the Japanese cars have got nothing on this!!!!!

car is ok
By jeni740 on 07/20/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 02 Taures ses for my Avenger. The Taures had better speed and was much more comfortable. The look of the Avenger from the front is awesome!! From the back not so much. I am having problems with my Rpms going up by itself. Yesterday while in park in my driveway my Rpms shot up to 4 all on its own, I had to shut it off and that stopped it. My windows squeek if rolled all the way down and the steerling feels off. I am going to have it looked at Wednesday I hope the can diagnose the problems and fix it asap. For a new car I did not expect all the problems I am having.

love the car
By LOVE IT on 07/16/09 04:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car in May 2008 and have had for 14 months now. i have 34,000 miles on the car with a longgg commute to work and have never had a problem (knock on wood). yes i have the 4 cyl, but you can't beat the gas mileage. one of the comments above said that they got compliments on their car. i get the SAME thing. everyone loves the look of the car. take care of the routine maintenance and you shouldn't have any problems.

Good Car for gas savings
By Richard B. on 07/09/09 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the exterior look and the car handles well. I'm a little disappointed with the amount of recalls (3) so far and the radiator sprung a leak at the seam for no apperant reason. Luckly it was still under warranttee. The only other thing that concerns me is the erratic transmition shifting when the engine is cold. The ride is comfortable and I get comments on the sleek exterior. Pick up is good, and it gets good gas mileage. Not the car to work on in your back yard though, the battery is located under the left wheel well cover and nothing looks easy to work on under the hood,...water pump, alternater, A/C. etc. are all buried. I will probobly pay it off and sell it, three years from now.

Poor vision Trunk leaks
By Greg on 07/08/09 08:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Avenger for 18 months and really like the car but for two issues. The vision is terrible, rear and side vision is hazardous, especially on busy highways and around town. The RT head rests blocks any hope of seeing what is just behind you or beside you. Also every time you lift the trunk lid when it is raining all the water pours into the trunk, no it is not just an alignment issue some one get this design wrong. I have contacted Dodge and they have no excuse.

Should have bought a jeep
By shadow on 07/04/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I first purchased the car I thought it was wonderful. But now I cant wait to trade it off. There have been numerous recalls, and now the electronic Throttle control is having issues. The front seats are very uncomfortable, I cannot imagine a larger person sitting in them, the blind spots...No you do not get use to them. There are some good points, smooth to drive and roomy and does have pick up and go. Interior is plastic, hard to clean and difficult to get things that have dropped between the seats. A new vehicle will be in my future very soon.

I love my Avenger
By smitgerty on 06/15/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2008 avenger for 9 months now and I have not had a problem with her. In fact, the avenger is such a looker, I've actually had several strangers stop and compliment the car. How fun is that?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.