Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Most Helpful|
Death Trap
By scle0501

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was in a severe accident and hurt very badly - not a single airbag went off. No recalls on the VIN, just a terribly unsafe vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

improve on safety.

Terrible! Do not purchase one!
By LL

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Too many recalls to count. The car has stalled numuerous times, while waiting at a red light in traffic. Brake rotors and pads have been changed at 12,000 and 19,000 miles. They need to be replaced again at 27,000 miles. Paint is fading between back tires and rear passenger doors. In July 2008, dealership put on plastic film to stop the paint job from getting worse. The paint is now fading around the coating. On each side of the car, there is a 8 x 10 inch area that is light gray (versus the dark gray paint job. A terrible car for the money. Better to buy a Chevy Malibu or a Ford Fusion.

Favorite Features

Heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Stop making this model

Don't buy it!
By howardan

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle in all my life. I purchased this to get rid of my GAS GUZZLING Durango. Went with another Dodge because they gave me a better trade value, but boy the joke was on me. This car is built DIRT CHEAP. I've had it just over a year and thus far the following has gone bad and had to be replaced: Fuel Pump, Steering Pump,Valve, Half-Shaft, Water Pump, Gasket. And with all this, problems persist, but unfortunately, warranty has ended.

Favorite Features

Thought it would be the gas mileage, but other 6 cylinders get better mileage.

Suggested Improvements

SCRAP the car and start over. I will NEVER buy a Dodge again. Cheap insides, Cheap outsides, poor performance. Really nothing good to say at all.

WARNING ABOUT BUYING A 2008 AVENGER
By WORST CAR TO OWN

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Avenger in April 2008. I am very disappointed with it. I have 12,478 miles on it. Brakes grind, door and side pannels creek like crazy...cant find that problem to fix, Im on my 4th mygig radio(Keeps Freezing up). Sluggish tranny(4cyl). Front noises when you turn or go over a bump. AC doesnt work well, numerous blind spots, chrome plasic around shifter inside blinds driver, poorly designed trunk pours water into the trunk when wet and many many more just running out of room. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE.JUNK This is just the worst car I have ever owned. Back in 1997 I had a brand new avenger and loved it so I thought I would take a chance with the 2008. What a mistake.

Favorite Features

NOTHING

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED.

Would not recomend
By Avenger

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Poor gas millage, poor interior design, poor performance. It feels very heavy for I4 engine. Very poor handling around the corners. Seats are hard. Not comfy. door packets are so small you can not even put an envelope. Steering soft but wobbly like Lincoln towncar. 0 to 60 forever. Only good thing is the slick look, other than that no comparison

Favorite Features

Exterior look and after you reach the highway speeds smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, interior and handling and performance.