2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Nice car
By rapidnet_rick on 06/18/07 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I only have about 600 miles, but am happy thus far. I purchased an extended warranty, not happy with stadard warranty! I hope the quality continues, and does not degrade over time. The AWD mileage is about 16 thus far with mixed driving, which isn't good, and about the worst for a car with its engine size and horse power. Wife's 2000 Nissan Pathfinder gets 17 under same conditions. Overall I like the car, and think it's a good value for the money.

Good Start But....
By MkHitech on 06/14/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have the SXT with the 2.7L flex fuel engine. Rides far better on Michigan's roads than our Accord did. Interior design is also better. Unfortunately the interior has too much cheap, hard, and gray plastic. It's also slower than our 2001 Stratus ES with the same engine, and gets 5 MPG less. Somehow Dodge has made this engine sound like it came from a bread truck instead of the nice exhaust sound on the Stratus and smooth acceleration. The Avenger seems to "fight" it's way up to speed. We have the upgraded seats and even those are awful. No comfort at all and they squeak like crazy. Like the looks, love the design, but needs better quality, MPG, and be put on a diet. Close, but no cigar.

Excellent buy
By dwalk on 06/10/07 02:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw the Avenger, I must admit I wasn't too much impressed. Went to test drive one and got the car the same day. For a 4cylinder it has great take off and the ride is very smooth. If you want a Charger, but don't want the price and gas mileage, get the Avenger. The car dosen't burn hardly any gas, you can ride in style for days.

Nice car
By coonie on 06/06/07 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Would be nice if gas mileage would increase. I am not getting 28mpg. Car handles very well. One mistake I made was to add the rain guards, they create too much of a blind spot. Overall I am very happy with it.

Bang for the buck
By thebroker on 05/21/07 01:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My initial plans were to buy a Chrysler 300C this year. However, the significantly lower price and sexy looks of the Avenger caught my attention when I went to the dealership. I first testdrove the SXT, but then on impulse, I decided to purchase the R/T sitting on the showroom floor. I was amazed at the difference. The R/T is at least as much fun to drive as the BMW 328i I had a few cars back. I bought it three days ago, and I love driving it so much that I've already put a thousand miles on it. It's just fun to drive, and a great value for the money. Also, four people have plenty of room, which is something I didn't expect in a car this size.

Dodge Got it Right This Time
By chevylover on 05/17/07 03:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at a lot of cars before I bought this Avenger, and I must say I'm glad I waited for this car. The car is excellent in the city and on the highway. My R/T is loaded with every available option and I think this car will be a classic. Thumbs up to the Dodge Avenger designers.

Avenger
By greg mazur on 05/10/07 08:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Perfect for my needs. I don't really need the size or power of the Charger/Mustang, but I liked the exterior lines/shape of the Charger. The Avenger's 4 cylinder engine is so quiet that you wouldn't expect the power behind it. Last tank was 32 mpg on the highway, which is what I had hoped for. Handles great in the city for the money.

Map Light
By 08sxt2.7v6 on 04/29/07 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned this car less than a month, I couldn't say much about reliability. I can say that it is fun to drive, and has gotten me compliments from anyone that's seen it. The ride is smooth and great for cruising around over long distances or for short trips, but this car still manages a feeling of control and sure- footedness in the turns.

You've got to drive it
By fast is to slow... on 04/23/07 15:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

During the test drive, I was somewhat skeptical. But after 20 minutes on the road, I realized this is a really nice car. Maybe not as quick as some, but the looks are super. The vehicle handles extremely well. The mileage is good as long as you don't get heavy on the gas pedal. The interior is a little stark but functional. I must admit for the money the vehicle is road worthy and I am happy with my choice.

My 2008 Avenger R/T
By Matt on 04/07/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a 100 miles a day to and from work. So far I have only 1400 miles on my R/T but I love this car. The performance and looks makes driving fun again. It's comfortable and very driver friendly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*