Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Love it
By James

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this avenger to travel. Using Amsoil synthetic oil we are running around 40 MPG. We love the car. Very nice sound system. Large trunk and tires larger than the competitors. Very nice design. I have been around performance cars and rebuild engines a very long time and this is a very nice car. Rated #1 in crash tests.

Style, sound system, easy to use controls, larger tiers and trunk, very good gas mileage using Amsoil.

Making the engine a little quieter

I Love This Car!
By Al Stewart

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Avenger SE with the VVT 4 cylinder and it is a fun car. Yeah the more expensive foreign cars and the luxurious Ford Fusion have more for the buck in some areas but let someone who drives one be the critic. This car’s engine and transmission is assisted by electronic computer main board like most new cars in this case the computer adjusts the engine and trans to your driving habits. I drive my Avenger on the Washington D.C. beltway where you have to get up and go. Well some folks have asked me if I had the six cylinders under the hood, my car is fun to drive, sporty, and the safest thing on the road

The sleek muscle car look of the exterior. The sporty instrument panel and chrome trim shift gear floor console. The 4 cyclinders performance at highway speeds - feels like a bigger six when its time to move on. Best of all the six airbags and other safety features that earned the Avenger 5 stars.

The critics are right, too much plastic in the wrong places. The plastic arm rest not comfortable. The soft version on the upgraded models should apply to all.

Don't just buy for looks.
By Epr7339

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Alright so this car is not worth it. I have the 2.4 and it won't get out of its own way. The radio is not good if you like to turn it up and have some fun. Rear drum brakes no abs? Really in 2008? For my money you can get a more from other companies. Maybe the V6 loaded up is fun I'm sure but if you're in the market for the SE you are not going to be happy and have to look around and not just buy this car because you think it looks cool!

The gauges light up cool and the looks are sweet.

Engine, standard abs

Problem after Problem
By Anissa

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my vehicle in July of 2007 and a month later had to bring it in because I returned to the vehicle after leaving work and discovered the driver's side door hanging wide open. When I took it to the dealer I learned that there was a recall for the latches. During this year I have taken the car to the dealer five times and had three different recalls. Most recently the belly shield fell off the bottom of the vehicle. Now that it has been replaced the car is shaking, the heat is not working and the temperature gauge is running hot so it appears I will be at the dealer once again. I regret purchasing this vehicle and would not recommend this product to anyone.

The exterior of the car made me choose it over the other vehicles I was researching.

Quality. As the other reviewer said, this car is made cheaply and is not made to last.

Driving the R/T
By Jeff

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our AWD R/T for a couple of months, and we absolutely love it. The bold styling is refreshing. We had looked at Mazda 6 and Camry, but found the styling cues old. The performance is bang on for the driving we do, the autostick works great and with so many features and comforts we are anxious to find a reason to drive it. While it's a far cry from previous R/T's I have owned (70's), it's still an exciting car to drive in its own right. Quiet and well mannered day to day, it has great acceleration when prompted with a sweet exhaust note. The Nav system and MyGig is great, bells and whistles galore...Love it, my only problem is getting my wife to give it up

Styling, performance, handling is good. Boston Acoustics speakers sound great. Love the Brilliant black pearlcoat paint. Sharp all around, lots of very useful features.

Seats are a little firm, not a huge fan of the light coloured interior but adapting, getting tired of compliments on its appearance.