Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Decided to buy American
By Mark Gonzalez

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Toyota Corolla for the past 7 years and decided to buy American. Thought I'd go with a mini Charger muscle car and purchased the Avenger R/T. Goes like stink but the payoff is frequent stops at the pump. 6 speed auto stick should have been better engineered with a 5 speed. The interior comfort could be better as well as the quality and construction of materials, read cheap. Lots of great features though. Awesome sound system, creature comforts galore, powerful engine and lots of compliments from casual observers. Chrysler has something here, if they would just finish it off with a better interior grade of materials. Fun to drive. I'd give it an 8.

Great form. Sweet engine, sound system & creature comforts. Auto stick is the only way to play.

Interior materials. Invest in quality plastic. Stay away from hard textures. Transmission plays guessing game during spirited driving.

Would not recomend
By Avenger

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Poor gas millage, poor interior design, poor performance. It feels very heavy for I4 engine. Very poor handling around the corners. Seats are hard. Not comfy. door packets are so small you can not even put an envelope. Steering soft but wobbly like Lincoln towncar. 0 to 60 forever. Only good thing is the slick look, other than that no comparison

Exterior look and after you reach the highway speeds smooth ride.

Gas mileage, interior and handling and performance.

Great car, looks and drives great.
By AJ

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just logged 22K on my Avenger and haven't had any problems with it. I change my own oil, have the tires rotated and balanced and wash it every now and then. It really is a great car to drive, it doesn't have the power of the beefier 3.5L Avenger, but the 3.5l isn't getting the great gas mileage either. I consistently get about 27-29 Hwy/City per gallon. I can take a 5 hour trip (75MPH) and not have to stop for gas. The interior is a little "plastic", but it's functional and has the beverage chiller to boot! I did not opt for the sport package they offered, but I've seen others and it does add quite a bit of flair to exterior, it looks great as it sits though. Overall, it's a great car.

Beverage cooler, Sirius and plenty of leg room for me. I'm six-foot one. Aux input for Ipod is cool and access to trunk via rear seats is also nice.

Blind spot in rear A-Pillar. It has Auto-down driver window, but not on passenger side and no Auto-window up on ither side. I'm referring to the window button, if you hold for 3 secs and let go, the window will keep rolling down. Would be nice to see that feature when rolling up the window.

Love it
By James

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this avenger to travel. Using Amsoil synthetic oil we are running around 40 MPG. We love the car. Very nice sound system. Large trunk and tires larger than the competitors. Very nice design. I have been around performance cars and rebuild engines a very long time and this is a very nice car. Rated #1 in crash tests.

Style, sound system, easy to use controls, larger tiers and trunk, very good gas mileage using Amsoil.

Making the engine a little quieter

I Love This Car!
By Al Stewart

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Avenger SE with the VVT 4 cylinder and it is a fun car. Yeah the more expensive foreign cars and the luxurious Ford Fusion have more for the buck in some areas but let someone who drives one be the critic. This carís engine and transmission is assisted by electronic computer main board like most new cars in this case the computer adjusts the engine and trans to your driving habits. I drive my Avenger on the Washington D.C. beltway where you have to get up and go. Well some folks have asked me if I had the six cylinders under the hood, my car is fun to drive, sporty, and the safest thing on the road

The sleek muscle car look of the exterior. The sporty instrument panel and chrome trim shift gear floor console. The 4 cyclinders performance at highway speeds - feels like a bigger six when its time to move on. Best of all the six airbags and other safety features that earned the Avenger 5 stars.

The critics are right, too much plastic in the wrong places. The plastic arm rest not comfortable. The soft version on the upgraded models should apply to all.