2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
I love this car
By nobody2u on 09/03/07 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. The way it looks, the way it drives, everything. I finally got rid of my Jeep after 10 years & knew I was in the market for a sedan. My first choice was the Sebring, but when we saw this car on the lot, I had to drive it and oh my God. How I love this car. I haven't seen too many on the roads yet, but I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular choice of vehicle for all people.

A real hoot to drive
By Jill on 08/16/07 14:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avenger being my first car (going from trucks) in 15 years, I was a bit nervous about how well I would settle in to driving it. But, this car has turned out to be a blast to drive. Smooth shifting and handling, responsive accelleration, better than stated fuel economy (19 mpg combo hwy/city) and a bunch of nifty creature comforts. I will be interested to see how well the AWD with ESP does on icy roads. No regrets here!

My Dodge Avenger
By Jase on 08/14/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because I was looking for an affordable AWD car that also had great looks.So far I am very satisfied with my Avenger. The R/T trim adds the most powerful engine available and it is plenty powerful. The car can take off when I need it to. There is ample room, both front and back. Watch for the blindspots they are numerous. Overall I am very happy with the car and in retrospect would still definately buy it.

Great Buy
By Chris on 07/31/07 17:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking for a new midsize car for the last few months and have been to every dealer we have in town here. This is the only care that stirred any emotional response from me and it did that very well. I drove the SXT and the R/T, the R/T is defiantly the way to go if you like spirited driving. I have only had the car a few weeks but I haven’t found any thing to regret this buy. I really recommend this car for anyone shopping in the midsize market that wants to stand out and have fun doing so.

2008 Dodge Avenger SE
By 2008 Dodge Avenger on 07/08/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is peppy and takes hills very well. Sharp styling. Fun to drive. Check out the paint before you drive in home from the dealer. I noticed when I got home a few imperfections in the paint. I have Silver Steel metallic and it's great. Plenty of room on a trip with kids. Don't think because it's 4 cylinder that's a dog. It's a 16 valve.

Nice ride
By JMM on 06/27/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car and couldn't be happier. Did quite a bit of shopping and comparing before I purchaed it. Looked at the Caliber hard too since it's the same platform. Handles great, very quick although slightly 'doggish' when the air is blasting 0-40. The transaxle shifting is very nice and it looks great. Gas mileage on the first tank was around 25.

Love It
By David on 06/27/07 04:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very sharp looking with a 3/4 Charger look. Rides firm, solid without being harsh. 6 speed automatic shifts quickly and smooth with no lag between gears. Mileage is same as advertised. Full of features like the upper bin that keeps soda cans cool and the hot or cold beverage holder in the console. Both ways work excellent. Interior lighting at night is awesome - almost like high end aircraft! ATC keeps temperature inside constant, no dialing up or down needed once you find your comfort zone. 3.5 engine is quiet and the exhaust has a really cool, high performance sound.

This 4 cylinder moves!
By Sue on 06/24/07 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great up hills. It isn't noisy like someone had said. I have the dark/light slate seats and Silver Steel Metallic. The paint glistens in the sun. I am totally please with this car.

Nice car
By rapidnet_rick on 06/18/07 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I only have about 600 miles, but am happy thus far. I purchased an extended warranty, not happy with stadard warranty! I hope the quality continues, and does not degrade over time. The AWD mileage is about 16 thus far with mixed driving, which isn't good, and about the worst for a car with its engine size and horse power. Wife's 2000 Nissan Pathfinder gets 17 under same conditions. Overall I like the car, and think it's a good value for the money.

Good Start But....
By MkHitech on 06/14/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have the SXT with the 2.7L flex fuel engine. Rides far better on Michigan's roads than our Accord did. Interior design is also better. Unfortunately the interior has too much cheap, hard, and gray plastic. It's also slower than our 2001 Stratus ES with the same engine, and gets 5 MPG less. Somehow Dodge has made this engine sound like it came from a bread truck instead of the nice exhaust sound on the Stratus and smooth acceleration. The Avenger seems to "fight" it's way up to speed. We have the upgraded seats and even those are awful. No comfort at all and they squeak like crazy. Like the looks, love the design, but needs better quality, MPG, and be put on a diet. Close, but no cigar.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Avenger in NJ is:

$227 per month*