2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
I gave it more pep
By carter on 12/02/07 21:23 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an awsome buy. It's mean look is what I liked about it the most. The awd is the worst on gas out the models to choose from. So if it snows alot where you live..or just want it for is speed get the rt awd. If not go with one of the other models. Then after adding custom peformace parts as I did this makes a great racing sleeper.

Transmission problems make it unsafe
By Mike Brown on 11/24/07 16:30 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For the first few months that I had my new Avenger, I loved it. Then came the cold weather, and with it an unrepairable transmission problem. Less than 5 miles into any drive on a freeway, the RPMs shoot from the standard 2000 to 6000. And it's as though someone downshifted to first gear. It takes all the power the car has to get to the shoulder. Once restarted, the car performs fine for the rest of the trip. Leaving it with the service department won't help as they won't be able to recreate the problem. And even if they could, since the engine light doesn't come on with a transmission error, the onboard computer won't register the problem.

It's now called my Revenger.
By wyJJ on 11/23/07 19:36 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drive this car along I-90 in WY. Hit a deer at 75 mph with 250 miles on the odometer and the car ran another 75 miles to get me home. Realized that all that the damage was mostly plastic and that had probably saved the structural aspects of the car. Was wearing my seatbelt and I did not get tossed foward at all, felt extremely safe. I drive this car 120 miles round trip to work and home, through the fall and now winter, good handling car, I have not had any problems driving on snow and no problems starting this car in the cold. Brakes and steering are not soft and not touchy. Decent clearance for a lower riding car, suspension is great and rougher roads/dirt roads are no problem for this car

Avenger
By dannyboy53050 on 11/23/07 06:15 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car handles very nice with a fairly smooth ride. Pricing is fair market value. Car is built fairly well.

Great Car, Great price
By Shane on 11/15/07 21:19 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I waited until I had put a couple of thousand miles on the car before writing a review. I am very pleased with the Avenger. The two best features are the comfort and economy. The interior is very quiet, the seats are perfect, and I am getting around 28 mpg in mostly city driving. My old car was a 2003 Honda, I like the Avenger much better. It's more comfortable, quieter, accelerates better, gets better mpg, looks better, costs less, has a drink cooler in the dash! and has a better warranty. What more could you want? Be sure and check out an Avenger before you buy another car.

Fun
By Steve on 10/30/07 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well when I had the car at my insurance company to plate it (still had dealer plates). I got three comments on what type of car and how sharp it looks. The transmisson is a little bit hesitant when you punch it in low gear but it is still fast. Very fun to drive

Avenger SXT
By Mike M. on 10/26/07 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my new Avenger SXT, The car is equipped with the standard 2.4L engine and is very economical. I gave my Avenger the ultimate test by buying it in the Motor City and driving it 2,000 miles home. With the speed control set at 65MPH, the car attained a high mileage of 39 MPG with an overall average of 36.5 MPG I was amazed at the great highway mileage. The car was quite comfortable for the trip. I am impressed with the styling. After owning a '99 Inrepid this car made a good alternative for a high mileage car. The lifetime drive train warranty is also impressive.

Wonderful Classy Car
By Beyswife on 10/22/07 07:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for an SUV and decided to check out the Dodge Nitro. Didn't like the ride at all, too hard. Noticed the Avenger on the lot and thought it looked classy. Test drove it and unexpectantly fell in love..Purchased on a whim, on the spot. Love this vehicle!

Great car on the road - best looking mid
By pat on 10/19/07 07:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for abut 2 months now. It's great. A good priced head- turner... maybe even more than a Mustang. (you know it's stylish when the guy driving a Mustang takes a long jealous look at your ride. Interior might be cheap, but it is still somewhat in style.

Nice car decent price
By Mark on 10/10/07 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 3 used cars and for this being my first brand new car, I love it. I wanted the big Charger but the price was a little high so I settled for the little brother. No complaints though. This car looks tough and has the power and style to back it up. The 3.5 liter V-6 is impressive. It’s no race car but it moves. It has 240 hp from the factory vs. Ford’s Mustang V- 6 210 hp. Any questions? The ride is unbelievable. My grandfather has a Cadillac and he feels the avenger rides better. Nice car good price get one! I would have like the navigation system but just too much. Would recommend to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.