Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

WARNING ABOUT BUYING A 2008 AVENGER
By WORST CAR TO OWN

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Avenger in April 2008. I am very disappointed with it. I have 12,478 miles on it. Brakes grind, door and side pannels creek like crazy...cant find that problem to fix, Im on my 4th mygig radio(Keeps Freezing up). Sluggish tranny(4cyl). Front noises when you turn or go over a bump. AC doesnt work well, numerous blind spots, chrome plasic around shifter inside blinds driver, poorly designed trunk pours water into the trunk when wet and many many more just running out of room. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE.JUNK This is just the worst car I have ever owned. Back in 1997 I had a brand new avenger and loved it so I thought I would take a chance with the 2008. What a mistake.

NOTHING

EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED.

Happy Avenger Owner
By DodgeSalesman

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Avenger is definitely a Highmilage Vehicle and I bought it specifically for the Lifetime Warranty. With the 2.7V6 I get ~27+ MPG on the Highway and 23+ City. I love the fact it looks so different then all the Accords and Camry's on the road. I LOVE the MyGig Entertainment and have more than 1,000 songs and albums downloaded with still a TON of room to go. The Chill zone is Great even though it eats up a lil room in the glove box. Besides the Glove Box is for a Owners Manual and a couple parking tickets, the rest is trash! Plenty of room for both my kids and the Stain Repel Seats have already paid for themselves. I absolutely Love my Avenger!

MyGig, Sirius Radio, Chill Zone and Stain/YES Cloth Seats. Sporty and Aggressive Exterior Designing.

I'd like to see a CVT or 5/6 speed automatic transmission in future models. I'm not a fan of the textured plastics but if you want a more refined interior, I guess theirs the Sebring... same vehicle really.

Terrible! Do not purchase one!
By LL

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Too many recalls to count. The car has stalled numuerous times, while waiting at a red light in traffic. Brake rotors and pads have been changed at 12,000 and 19,000 miles. They need to be replaced again at 27,000 miles. Paint is fading between back tires and rear passenger doors. In July 2008, dealership put on plastic film to stop the paint job from getting worse. The paint is now fading around the coating. On each side of the car, there is a 8 x 10 inch area that is light gray (versus the dark gray paint job. A terrible car for the money. Better to buy a Chevy Malibu or a Ford Fusion.

Heated seats

Stop making this model

shudder city
By Matt

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Transmission weak point on the vehicle. variable line pressure and modulated converter clutch not a good combination. car shudders during cruise has new updated converter and flash. still shudders. Check engine light on again. Fuel economy is pretty good and 4 wheel disc brakes work well. 2.7 Engine would be better with a manual transmission

wheels, brakes

original tires not very sticky, paint scratches easy as does interior hard plastic surfaces, get rid of 41te transmission!

I LOVE this car
By jln

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 20,000 miles on it. As a person finishing up college, I was looking for something reliable and affordable yet still stilish and interesting. Fuel consumption is amazing- I took a 300 mile trip at around 75 mph speeds and used only 1/2 tank of gas. I look for any reason to drive this car! The 4 cylinder engine isn't dissappointing- it delivers adequate acceleration and plenty of power for me. The speakers are great, love the light grey interior, and although the seats are a little uncomfortably firm, I am adjusting. This isn't a luxury car but it's reasonably priced, gets a ton of compliments, and is a pleasure to operate, plus the fuel economy is great.

Sliding arm rest- good for us short people. The auxillary outlet is nice for connecting an mp3 player. Huge trunk and backseat is roomy enough for riding with friends and taking trips. Built in sirrius satellite radio. Auto down driver's window.

Lose a lot of the plastic interior. Upgrade the rear brakes to disc on all models. Soften the seats and adjust the headrests- they push your head awkwardly forward.