Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Good Car for gas savings
By Richard B.

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the exterior look and the car handles well. I'm a little disappointed with the amount of recalls (3) so far and the radiator sprung a leak at the seam for no apperant reason. Luckly it was still under warranttee. The only other thing that concerns me is the erratic transmition shifting when the engine is cold. The ride is comfortable and I get comments on the sleek exterior. Pick up is good, and it gets good gas mileage. Not the car to work on in your back yard though, the battery is located under the left wheel well cover and nothing looks easy to work on under the hood,...water pump, alternater, A/C. etc. are all buried. I will probobly pay it off and sell it, three years from now.

The way the car handles, and the interior is very quiet. Ample room for a midsize car. Good size trunk too.

Different Transmission, I don't trust it

Poor vision Trunk leaks
By Greg

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Avenger for 18 months and really like the car but for two issues. The vision is terrible, rear and side vision is hazardous, especially on busy highways and around town. The RT head rests blocks any hope of seeing what is just behind you or beside you. Also every time you lift the trunk lid when it is raining all the water pours into the trunk, no it is not just an alignment issue some one get this design wrong. I have contacted Dodge and they have no excuse.

Looks good, drives nice, sounds great and the Blue tooth connection to my cell phone works good.

Trunk lid that works, rear vision get rid of the cheap chrome bezel around the gear sift, blinds me on a sunny day with the rough open.

Should have bought a jeep
By shadow

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I first purchased the car I thought it was wonderful. But now I cant wait to trade it off. There have been numerous recalls, and now the electronic Throttle control is having issues. The front seats are very uncomfortable, I cannot imagine a larger person sitting in them, the blind spots...No you do not get use to them. There are some good points, smooth to drive and roomy and does have pick up and go. Interior is plastic, hard to clean and difficult to get things that have dropped between the seats. A new vehicle will be in my future very soon.

Body style

I love my Avenger
By smitgerty

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2008 avenger for 9 months now and I have not had a problem with her. In fact, the avenger is such a looker, I've actually had several strangers stop and compliment the car. How fun is that?

The exterior design, the cool zone

The blind spots (however you do get ued to them), the plastic interior is hard to clean

Good car
By Todd

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Avenger. 4 cylinder isn't going to grab much attention but moves car with the rest of traffic. Engine design is joint venture with hyundai and mitsubishi, seems to be very reliable. Ride is qiuet and comfortble. 300 mile road trip first weekend family of 4 fit perfectly. Rear armrest with cup holder was big hit. Yes fabric is comfortable and cleans up well. I love the exterior design and sirius radio is very nice for traveling. Fold down split rear seats come in handy on a weekly basis. Car gets all around fuel economy 28 mpg mixed hwy cty driving. 30 mpg is easy all hwy.

built in satellite radio,electric drivers seat,very usable cup holders, pwr windows, pwr mirrors, Exterior design had me at first glance,

Bigger review mirror as vision is a bit resricted.