2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Love my Avenger
By veepersgirl on 02/19/08 14:40 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I never thought I would go back to a car after driving an SUV, but this car changed my mind. It is fun to drive, sporty and comfortable. The only downfall that I have found is that the fuel mileage is not so good in town.

Sharp & Sleek
By Chrissie on 02/18/08 14:06 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really love the body style of this car The R/T is the more sporty of the bunch with the performance and handling, which is why I chose it. The seats are amazingly comfortable I also have the heated ones so that makes for a enjoyable ride. The sunroof also adds flair to it. I'm planning on ordering the windbreaker to accent the sunroof. You really should test drive this to get the full extent of the vehicle, I honestly have no regrets on purchasing this vehicle. it rides smoothly and even more so with weight in it. I honestly have no complaints about the car it handles like a dream and I love the character it has it screams I'm Ram Tough!

R/T Best Buy For Money
By Steph on 02/14/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T in for the Avenger R/T FWD. After a lot of looking for a sporty, fun, and practical car the Avenger was my best bet. I first test drove the AWD but I was disappointed by the acceleration and handling. The AWD doesn't get the performance suspension like the FWD does. The convenience package is worth the money. While the interior is semi-cheap looking everything is very functional and is quite easy to clean. The seats I find to be very comfortable, especially on long rides. Carpooling is a breeze, and the acceleration is hands down awesome for a car in this class.

Avenger
By mak10 on 02/07/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car was bought for my wife. We wanted a car that was sporty but practical, and when I had to be in it was not too "girly". We bought the r/t with every option except the dvd stuff. The car so far has been great. It handles well, rides well and is decent on gas mpg. It's quiet and roomy on inside. Four adults fit comfortably. We have both gotten speeding tickets in it, so while it's no Ferrari, it's fast enough for us!

Black R/T AWD
By Greg Di Maio on 01/08/08 00:54 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Paint, fit and finish are excellent. The auto temperature system is one feature that we will always want in a car after driving this one. If the gas mileage was better it would be a five-star car. We'll see how it is when it gets a few thousand miles on it.

Good in the snow not in the show
By Ken on 12/19/07 19:58 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I initially purchased this vehicle I did not care for the interior, however I kept telling myself it is for the wife! And this was her choice! interior is low grade plasics that retain dirt! sheet metal is thin! almost that of a 70's japenese import and seats are extremely uncomfortable! exterior body style is on target, resembling it's older more durable sibling the "Charger",

Great Looking Family Sedan
By stevep on 12/11/07 13:06 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the car a week ago. So far it is fantastic. Best looking mid size sedan out there. Test drove a Camry first and the Avenger is much more comfortable. Camry did not have enough head room to even make it an option for me and I'm only 6'1". After 700 miles of mostly highway/interstate driving I'm getting 29.8 mpg which is about what I expected and in my opinion this car is a great balance between power and fuel economy. Even though its a small engine it produces a very adequate 174 hp.

Consider the Avenger
By Matt on 12/05/07 16:28 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 5000 miles I can definitely say that the Avenger is a car worth buying. My R/T is sufficiently fast although not especially fuel efficient. I mean, 14 mpg is really below average (mostly city driving). Still, the car is a head turner, drives well, comes with AWD and is perfectly fine for the daily commute while still being relatively affordable. Seats have been updated (lucky for those of you who buy after July 07) and are significantly more comfortable. I recommend the car to anyone who wants to original, while still getting a good car. Reports say that the SXT and SE trims are not worth your money. The R/T is more well endorsed. Good Luck

2008 Avenger SE 4 cyl
By Jim on 12/05/07 07:04 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really love the design of this car. It's sporty and was reasonably priced. Would like to of had the RT, but that was pricey. The interior needs to be a better quality. It looks cheap. I think spoilers should not be an option, keep the car sporty. I am buying a spoiler, looks much better. Would recommend to everyone. Mileage is great, do not have to fill up at every gas station you pass.

I gave it more pep
By carter on 12/02/07 21:23 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an awsome buy. It's mean look is what I liked about it the most. The awd is the worst on gas out the models to choose from. So if it snows alot where you live..or just want it for is speed get the rt awd. If not go with one of the other models. Then after adding custom peformace parts as I did this makes a great racing sleeper.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.