2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
If This Helps Just One Person.....
By badavenger on 11/02/11 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're considering buying an 08 Avenger, DON'T!! My warranty expired on 10/09/11 (due to time, not mileage), 4 DAYS LATER, while getting new tires, the valve stem split apart when the valve cap was removed. Dodge won't authorize reimbursment of TPMS valve assembly. Then 15 days later I find out I need a new alternator after hearing a whining noise and battery idiot light came on while stopped. There's only 32,000 miles on the freakin' car!!! If I can help just one person save money with this review, then the time spent registering as a new user is worth it.

Love It!
By Melissa on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Granted I have only had the Dodge Avenger R/T for a week, but I love it. I have not had any problems with it and it rides awesome. Very smooth and quiet. I bought this car from the auction and it was not in selling condition, a couple hundred bucks and its a good as new. Don't base your car decisions on a couple bad reviews. My avenger already has 60k mi and it is still running like a champ!

Surprisingly Fun to Drive
By Gary in Dayton, OH on 11/17/09 18:34 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first Chrysler product I have ever owned. I have always had four cylinder, mainly manual transmission econocars. Most of the cars were imports too. I was put off at first by the negative consumer magazine reviews of the Avenger. However, after I took it out for a long test ride, I was surprised how well it handled and accelerated. It corners really well for a car of its size and weight. I really appreciate the kick of the six cylinder as I enter highways. I no longer live in fear of getting mowed down by semi trucks in the slow lane. I bought the car primarily for its looks but have not been disappointed by its reliability, performance and fuel economy. Critics be damned!!

Average
By rcary21 on 09/16/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is leased. It is the R/T FWD. It is not a quick sporty vehicle, it is a borderline luxury car. Think Lincoln MKZ, but cheaper. It is great on the highway, very comfortable and quiet, but that is not what I was in the market for. It is white and the exterior styling is great. I went from a Contour SVT to this and this car is soft compared to the SVT. The climate control went out and was replaced under warranty. Overall not a bad car, just not what I wanted.

Poor vision Trunk leaks
By Greg on 07/08/09 08:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Avenger for 18 months and really like the car but for two issues. The vision is terrible, rear and side vision is hazardous, especially on busy highways and around town. The RT head rests blocks any hope of seeing what is just behind you or beside you. Also every time you lift the trunk lid when it is raining all the water pours into the trunk, no it is not just an alignment issue some one get this design wrong. I have contacted Dodge and they have no excuse.

Decided to buy American
By Mark Gonzalez on 02/17/09 19:27 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Toyota Corolla for the past 7 years and decided to buy American. Thought I'd go with a mini Charger muscle car and purchased the Avenger R/T. Goes like stink but the payoff is frequent stops at the pump. 6 speed auto stick should have been better engineered with a 5 speed. The interior comfort could be better as well as the quality and construction of materials, read cheap. Lots of great features though. Awesome sound system, creature comforts galore, powerful engine and lots of compliments from casual observers. Chrysler has something here, if they would just finish it off with a better interior grade of materials. Fun to drive. I'd give it an 8.

Problem after Problem
By Anissa on 12/27/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my vehicle in July of 2007 and a month later had to bring it in because I returned to the vehicle after leaving work and discovered the driver's side door hanging wide open. When I took it to the dealer I learned that there was a recall for the latches. During this year I have taken the car to the dealer five times and had three different recalls. Most recently the belly shield fell off the bottom of the vehicle. Now that it has been replaced the car is shaking, the heat is not working and the temperature gauge is running hot so it appears I will be at the dealer once again. I regret purchasing this vehicle and would not recommend this product to anyone.

transmission
By curti420 on 10/11/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i too have the chatter in the transmission. they did a flash and that didn't help (there is a flash update for the auto stick). then they say they can't find the problem or replicate the problem. then i finally get a tech to ride with me and as soon as we leave the lot it shift from 1-4 before i get to 30 mph and shakes the crap out of the whole car. then they replaced the torque converter. much better but can still feel something wrong. i almost guarantee it's the torque converter.

New 2008 Avenger R/T
By Gary on 10/08/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2008 Avenger R/T with all the bells and whistles except the rear seat DVD thing. A little history first: I'm 61 my wife is 59. We test drove lots of vehicles. After lots of Internet searching and dealer quotes. We settled on the Avenger (SXT 4cyl). Liked the styling, options etc, drove it for a weekend. Power didn't make the grade (pardon the pun) for us. Went back to dealer, road tested the Avenger R/T and WOW! Hot damn! Now that's what I'm talking about. After the usual haggling etc. we got a great price (and trade in) on a Stone White 3.5 HO V6. Have driven it for four days now and I LOVE THIS CAR! and I've had many in my life.

Good,bad and ugly
By Rob on 10/08/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say that the styling on the new Avenger blows me away every time I look at It.It looks like a mini Charger and for the price of a base Charger Mine is almost fully loaded. My main problem has been with the nav/radio.This is the third time my car has been in the shop in three months.I am on my second Nav/radio and still have problems.The radio does not respond, or turns off while driving or there is no volume. I also noticed my daytime lights go out when I signal. The ugly has to be the light colored sun visors and roof.I can see the sun visors getting dirty and they must be cleaned often.The front headrests need to be redesigned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.