Used 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

If This Helps Just One Person.....
By badavenger

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're considering buying an 08 Avenger, DON'T!! My warranty expired on 10/09/11 (due to time, not mileage), 4 DAYS LATER, while getting new tires, the valve stem split apart when the valve cap was removed. Dodge won't authorize reimbursment of TPMS valve assembly. Then 15 days later I find out I need a new alternator after hearing a whining noise and battery idiot light came on while stopped. There's only 32,000 miles on the freakin' car!!! If I can help just one person save money with this review, then the time spent registering as a new user is worth it.

Love It!
By Melissa

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Granted I have only had the Dodge Avenger R/T for a week, but I love it. I have not had any problems with it and it rides awesome. Very smooth and quiet. I bought this car from the auction and it was not in selling condition, a couple hundred bucks and its a good as new. Don't base your car decisions on a couple bad reviews. My avenger already has 60k mi and it is still running like a champ!

Interior and Exterior design, stereo system, luxury feel

the blind spots are kind of bad, they should have planned that better, and the trunk does leak water when you open it

Surprisingly Fun to Drive
By Gary in Dayton, OH

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first Chrysler product I have ever owned. I have always had four cylinder, mainly manual transmission econocars. Most of the cars were imports too. I was put off at first by the negative consumer magazine reviews of the Avenger. However, after I took it out for a long test ride, I was surprised how well it handled and accelerated. It corners really well for a car of its size and weight. I really appreciate the kick of the six cylinder as I enter highways. I no longer live in fear of getting mowed down by semi trucks in the slow lane. I bought the car primarily for its looks but have not been disappointed by its reliability, performance and fuel economy. Critics be damned!!

I love its aggressive, distinctive looks! I've been told it is a real chick magnet with its metallic orange paint finish. It has great acceleration, reasonable gas mileage, and great open road ride. I like the Sirius radio and cold/hot beverage holders. It has a fairly roomy, well shaped trunk.

I like the looks of the interior but its finish is no match for any of the imports. Lots of hard, bland plastic. Like others have stated, the trunk lid will dump rain water into the interior of the trunk. The chrome shifter creates a glare on sunny days.

Average
By rcary21

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is leased. It is the R/T FWD. It is not a quick sporty vehicle, it is a borderline luxury car. Think Lincoln MKZ, but cheaper. It is great on the highway, very comfortable and quiet, but that is not what I was in the market for. It is white and the exterior styling is great. I went from a Contour SVT to this and this car is soft compared to the SVT. The climate control went out and was replaced under warranty. Overall not a bad car, just not what I wanted.

Black and Beige Leather Seats. Exterior Styling. Quiet Interior.

Make it a sports car and stiffen the suspension, it is an R/T. Needs to be lowered by 0.5" from the factory. Exhaust note.

Poor vision Trunk leaks
By Greg

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Avenger for 18 months and really like the car but for two issues. The vision is terrible, rear and side vision is hazardous, especially on busy highways and around town. The RT head rests blocks any hope of seeing what is just behind you or beside you. Also every time you lift the trunk lid when it is raining all the water pours into the trunk, no it is not just an alignment issue some one get this design wrong. I have contacted Dodge and they have no excuse.

Looks good, drives nice, sounds great and the Blue tooth connection to my cell phone works good.

Trunk lid that works, rear vision get rid of the cheap chrome bezel around the gear sift, blinds me on a sunny day with the rough open.