2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
nice car
By jseve on 06/20/14 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You :)Bought this car new and drive to 77000 miles. The only problem was a radio replaced under warranty due to bad hard drive. Other than that tires and brakes. I'm 6'4" and had no trouble fitting in this car, I liked the heated stain resistant seats. My current vehicle is a 2010 avenger R/T, 3.5 L. This is a great car absolutely no problems, finally had to put brakes on the front at 90,000 miles. Both err r than tires and windshield wipers this car starts and drives like the day I took it off the lot new.

Awesome car.
By mbdude92 on 09/27/12 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a Certified Pre-Owned about a year ago. This has been a fantastic car, I bought it with 61k miles on it and within a year I put 22k miles on it doing mostly highway commuting to college and and work and occasional shopping trips an hour away. Haven't had to do anything mechanically to the car other than the oil and filter change every three thousand miles. I have the 2.7l V6 SXT version.. gets average about 25 city/hwy.. do more highway driving and I'll get about 28. Highly recommend for someone who wants reliability, sport look, and a cheap price.

Anyone else?
By sonya08 on 09/23/12 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my dodge when I first bought it. I have driven it a year and 8 months and have started have some sort of problem that I do not know what is going on. I can be just driving down the road and car shuts off. Sometimes it will crank back and sometimes not. It just dies while driving down the road. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I had to have it towed one time and the mechanic said he couldn't find anything wrong. Someone please shed some light on this for me.

Dodge This and other Dodge Bullets
By nfs on 03/15/12 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a 2008 Dodge Avenger Red SXT. Lets start 2010 Transmission problems my miles are over warranty. 2011 Check engine light stays on. 2011 clear coat starts to bubble and peal from spoiler. 2012 paint is bubbling on the hood when Dodge was notified stated they may not cover it that a rock could cause the paint to bubble. Dodge keeps Dodging the bullet on car issues. Last Dodge and Chrysler vehicle I will be buying. Look up on the internet about Dodge vehicles paint bubbling on vehicle hoods then you decide.

iffy at first
By bradord28 on 01/28/12 10:16 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this dodge avenger in jan of 08 and pretty much bought for the lifetime warranty. Well a couple months down the road it needed brakes they wanted the rotors and pads to be replaced after 13kyeah right i replaced the pads myself and have the same rotors still. The next problem was the paint on the rear quarter panel in the lower corner behind the back door needed to be repainted after 15k. brought back to dealership they told me design flaw dodge wanted nothing to do with it. but dealer offered to split fix and make better. i thought oh boy this car is going to be a money pit. now has 130k miles and knock on wood have had little problems since. overall greatbuy lifetime warranty

Its a matter of taste
By demikarr on 01/04/12 10:03 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a used vehicle with 38k miles on it. 10 months later I now have 75k miles. Not one issue with the maintenance (except for the brakes) or performance. Mileage is outstanding with normal 28mpg average in combined city/hwy settings. I am 6'4" tall and have no problem with comfort. I have taken 5 on a 200 mile trip with minimal discomfort...

Just don't do it
By neverbuydodge on 11/10/11 14:06 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my car new in Sept '08. Radio has been replaced 3 times now! First time the CD player refused to open/eject. 2nd time the radio mysteriously erased my collection of over 300 songs I'd downloaded, and stopped loading my pics. 3rd time the radio started acting odd, then just died altogether. That was finally replaced with a "new" radio, on which the screen now randomly goes completely black so that you can't use the touch screen at all, and most of the buttons are on the touch screen. Tires were cracking and had to be replaced at around 30,000 miles. Transmission has a leak now. Dealership and Corporate both were a pain to deal with, very frustrating!

If you like it, just wait and you won't!!
By virginiamother on 04/20/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

May looks nice, but the car wasn't built to last. Got it almost new & noticed the blind spots after a week. If u are tall, dont' get the sunroof. My husband HATES this car,his head hits the roof. Don't scratch it, even gently, it leaves a mark on the plastic interior. 4 days after my 36K mile point, it really fall apart. Some engine light came on and the Dodge people will not even look at it without $$89 dollars, took it to someone else & already hundreds of dollars to fix it. The window literally fell into the door after the regulator broke, $$200 bucks. One light has a short. The left front brake is gone & needs resurfacing, $$ hundreds. The leather on the driver seat is crumbling off!!!!!

Great Purchase!!
By sonyam2 on 02/12/11 17:16 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT two weeks ago; white/gray pinstripe with tan cloth interior, heated seats. I am so glad I did not refer to the reviews I read when buying. I am having the most fun out of my car. I agree about the blind spots, but those little mirrors do the trick. I have the sporty SXT with sunroof, spoiler on the rear, and all the chrome trimmings. I love the way the car handles. I traded in my Saturn VUE and I really got a GREAT deal on my Dodge. I previously owned 2 Saturns and decided to go with a car and something sporty. Dodge did again, I love my baby charger!!!! As some have wrote on here, you have to go with your gut sometimes, and I did just that!!

Great Car!
By Tony on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You have to go with your gut feeling because I read the report before buying my Avenger. They are helpful but sometimes you have see it in person to decide. I just had it two months and yes when you buy something use, you will have problem but the dealer fix it right away. If you like it get it because sometime your first decision is best one. If you get it be careful changing lane because you have blind spot and might hit someone. This can be corrected when you buy little round mirror at Walmart. To me it was a gamble after reading the report but I very happy with my car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.