2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
amazing.
By chrisbates on 07/28/14 23:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So I guess I'm the only person who had no problems with this car. I bought it used at the end of 2009 with 30k miles (it was a company car for its previous owners) the only thing that was wrong was the plastic that covers the spedometer had a crack, that didn't effect visibility. It was just a crack. I drove this car daily and love it I had the SE so only a 4 cylinder. But it was enough to have a quick start and handled great for me. I made plenty of 1000 mile trips and was great. I skidded on ice and smashed into the side wall twice at 80mph and walked away without a problem. This car is amazing and it saved my life. The trunk never leaked and I had no problems at all. I loved this car.

nice car
By jseve on 06/20/14 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You :)Bought this car new and drive to 77000 miles. The only problem was a radio replaced under warranty due to bad hard drive. Other than that tires and brakes. I'm 6'4" and had no trouble fitting in this car, I liked the heated stain resistant seats. My current vehicle is a 2010 avenger R/T, 3.5 L. This is a great car absolutely no problems, finally had to put brakes on the front at 90,000 miles. Both err r than tires and windshield wipers this car starts and drives like the day I took it off the lot new.

Awesome car.
By mbdude92 on 09/27/12 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a Certified Pre-Owned about a year ago. This has been a fantastic car, I bought it with 61k miles on it and within a year I put 22k miles on it doing mostly highway commuting to college and and work and occasional shopping trips an hour away. Haven't had to do anything mechanically to the car other than the oil and filter change every three thousand miles. I have the 2.7l V6 SXT version.. gets average about 25 city/hwy.. do more highway driving and I'll get about 28. Highly recommend for someone who wants reliability, sport look, and a cheap price.

Anyone else?
By sonya08 on 09/23/12 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my dodge when I first bought it. I have driven it a year and 8 months and have started have some sort of problem that I do not know what is going on. I can be just driving down the road and car shuts off. Sometimes it will crank back and sometimes not. It just dies while driving down the road. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I had to have it towed one time and the mechanic said he couldn't find anything wrong. Someone please shed some light on this for me.

Great little Dodge
By superuser1 on 09/19/12 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Avenger R/T AWD I have had no problems at all and have put around 11000 miles in about a year (now 62000 miles) This car is fun to drive and gets alot of compliments.

What a disappointment
By lisajanern on 06/29/12 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 08 Avenger used with only 20,000 miles on it-what I thought was going to be a huge improvement on my old beater. At 44,000 miles out of the blue the shifter was stuck in park (yes, I put my foot on the brake!). Apparently there was a recall for this reason and I was NEVER notified. Even though it was covered under warranty AND the recall the dealership was incredibly difficult to work with. Other than that, it runs and handles well. The interior is cheaply made and it shows. Low quality plastic all around. Seats are uncomfortable, especially for long trips and blind spots are literally big enough to fit a semi truck in.

Dodge This and other Dodge Bullets
By nfs on 03/15/12 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a 2008 Dodge Avenger Red SXT. Lets start 2010 Transmission problems my miles are over warranty. 2011 Check engine light stays on. 2011 clear coat starts to bubble and peal from spoiler. 2012 paint is bubbling on the hood when Dodge was notified stated they may not cover it that a rock could cause the paint to bubble. Dodge keeps Dodging the bullet on car issues. Last Dodge and Chrysler vehicle I will be buying. Look up on the internet about Dodge vehicles paint bubbling on vehicle hoods then you decide.

Not quite sure yet
By incubritt2010 on 03/12/12 15:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car in Oct 2011. No significant problems so far. It shutters a bit between 35-50. No explaination for that. I got a transmission flush last week and that helped significantly. It also has a bit of trouble starting once in awhile after I put gas in it. It always starts, though. My service engine light came on last week, and they told me it was a large evap leak? My gas cap was fine, so there could be a small crack in my vapor hose. Nothing major. My mechanic suggested some new spark plugs as well. Other than that, I really have no complaints about this car so far. My trunk does not leak, btw, since I saw that was a common complaint.

iffy at first
By bradord28 on 01/28/12 10:16 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this dodge avenger in jan of 08 and pretty much bought for the lifetime warranty. Well a couple months down the road it needed brakes they wanted the rotors and pads to be replaced after 13kyeah right i replaced the pads myself and have the same rotors still. The next problem was the paint on the rear quarter panel in the lower corner behind the back door needed to be repainted after 15k. brought back to dealership they told me design flaw dodge wanted nothing to do with it. but dealer offered to split fix and make better. i thought oh boy this car is going to be a money pit. now has 130k miles and knock on wood have had little problems since. overall greatbuy lifetime warranty

Its a matter of taste
By demikarr on 01/04/12 10:03 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a used vehicle with 38k miles on it. 10 months later I now have 75k miles. Not one issue with the maintenance (except for the brakes) or performance. Mileage is outstanding with normal 28mpg average in combined city/hwy settings. I am 6'4" tall and have no problem with comfort. I have taken 5 on a 200 mile trip with minimal discomfort...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.