Used 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Great little Dodge
By superuser1

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Avenger R/T AWD I have had no problems at all and have put around 11000 miles in about a year (now 62000 miles) This car is fun to drive and gets alot of compliments.

Favorite Features

Leather, AWD, LED interior lighting,

Suggested Improvements

MPG is not the greatest but dodge has improved this in there new pentastar motors for the newer cars.

Problems
By Andy

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car. Big mistake! I had a oil leak with 3-6 months after I purchased the car. It took 3 trips to service dept. to finally fix it.One recall done for latches in door. Shifter broke and front rotors have already had to be turned. Now they are saying back rotors need to be turned also.

Favorite Features

Stereo , Interior and the feel of the car. Handles the road and curves great.

Suggested Improvements

Quality from the Manufacturer needs to be improved.

Driving the R/T
By Jeff

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our AWD R/T for a couple of months, and we absolutely love it. The bold styling is refreshing. We had looked at Mazda 6 and Camry, but found the styling cues old. The performance is bang on for the driving we do, the autostick works great and with so many features and comforts we are anxious to find a reason to drive it. While it's a far cry from previous R/T's I have owned (70's), it's still an exciting car to drive in its own right. Quiet and well mannered day to day, it has great acceleration when prompted with a sweet exhaust note. The Nav system and MyGig is great, bells and whistles galore...Love it, my only problem is getting my wife to give it up

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, handling is good. Boston Acoustics speakers sound great. Love the Brilliant black pearlcoat paint. Sharp all around, lots of very useful features.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are a little firm, not a huge fan of the light coloured interior but adapting, getting tired of compliments on its appearance.

6 Speed Transmission Shitfts Early
By Scotty

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning my Dodge Avenger R/T AWD for only 1076 miles (no payments made yet!) my transmission has begun shifting way to early causing a tranny chatter. For example between 40 and 50 miles an hour the transmission has already shifted into 6th gear. Grrr. Instead of down-shifting the tranny "chatters" and shakes. I truly love the car and hope the dealership can repair it quickly without problems. Waited my whole life to buy "new" and it's going into the shop before the first payment is due!

Favorite Features

Everything (but the transmission!)

Suggested Improvements

include the EVIC (vehicle control center as stock item).

Very stylish Car. Everyone Comments
By ShellyG

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just recently bought this car...and loved it from the start. Test drove it 3x's before I bought it. The first reason was the style and the second was the AWD option, plus this car is loaded unlike some others I looked at. I agree maybe the console material could be better, but other than that I have no complaints. I get so many comments on this car, better than I ever did on the 05 Mustang I owned, though I don't get the great gas mileage my 07 Sonota did, but it's not terrible.

Favorite Features

The options. Heated seats/heated- cooled cup holder, remote start etc. Metallic paint colors

Suggested Improvements

Better armrest, more comfort