2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Great little Dodge
By superuser1 on 09/19/12 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Avenger R/T AWD I have had no problems at all and have put around 11000 miles in about a year (now 62000 miles) This car is fun to drive and gets alot of compliments.

Problems
By Andy on 09/01/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car. Big mistake! I had a oil leak with 3-6 months after I purchased the car. It took 3 trips to service dept. to finally fix it.One recall done for latches in door. Shifter broke and front rotors have already had to be turned. Now they are saying back rotors need to be turned also.

Driving the R/T
By Jeff on 12/21/08 22:24 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned our AWD R/T for a couple of months, and we absolutely love it. The bold styling is refreshing. We had looked at Mazda 6 and Camry, but found the styling cues old. The performance is bang on for the driving we do, the autostick works great and with so many features and comforts we are anxious to find a reason to drive it. While it's a far cry from previous R/T's I have owned (70's), it's still an exciting car to drive in its own right. Quiet and well mannered day to day, it has great acceleration when prompted with a sweet exhaust note. The Nav system and MyGig is great, bells and whistles galore...Love it, my only problem is getting my wife to give it up

6 Speed Transmission Shitfts Early
By Scotty on 08/30/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning my Dodge Avenger R/T AWD for only 1076 miles (no payments made yet!) my transmission has begun shifting way to early causing a tranny chatter. For example between 40 and 50 miles an hour the transmission has already shifted into 6th gear. Grrr. Instead of down-shifting the tranny "chatters" and shakes. I truly love the car and hope the dealership can repair it quickly without problems. Waited my whole life to buy "new" and it's going into the shop before the first payment is due!

Very stylish Car. Everyone Comments
By ShellyG on 08/23/08 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just recently bought this car...and loved it from the start. Test drove it 3x's before I bought it. The first reason was the style and the second was the AWD option, plus this car is loaded unlike some others I looked at. I agree maybe the console material could be better, but other than that I have no complaints. I get so many comments on this car, better than I ever did on the 05 Mustang I owned, though I don't get the great gas mileage my 07 Sonota did, but it's not terrible.

R/T Best Buy For Money
By Steph on 02/14/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T in for the Avenger R/T FWD. After a lot of looking for a sporty, fun, and practical car the Avenger was my best bet. I first test drove the AWD but I was disappointed by the acceleration and handling. The AWD doesn't get the performance suspension like the FWD does. The convenience package is worth the money. While the interior is semi-cheap looking everything is very functional and is quite easy to clean. The seats I find to be very comfortable, especially on long rides. Carpooling is a breeze, and the acceleration is hands down awesome for a car in this class.

Black R/T AWD
By Greg Di Maio on 01/08/08 00:54 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Paint, fit and finish are excellent. The auto temperature system is one feature that we will always want in a car after driving this one. If the gas mileage was better it would be a five-star car. We'll see how it is when it gets a few thousand miles on it.

Good in the snow not in the show
By Ken on 12/19/07 19:58 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I initially purchased this vehicle I did not care for the interior, however I kept telling myself it is for the wife! And this was her choice! interior is low grade plasics that retain dirt! sheet metal is thin! almost that of a 70's japenese import and seats are extremely uncomfortable! exterior body style is on target, resembling it's older more durable sibling the "Charger",

Consider the Avenger
By Matt on 12/05/07 16:28 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 5000 miles I can definitely say that the Avenger is a car worth buying. My R/T is sufficiently fast although not especially fuel efficient. I mean, 14 mpg is really below average (mostly city driving). Still, the car is a head turner, drives well, comes with AWD and is perfectly fine for the daily commute while still being relatively affordable. Seats have been updated (lucky for those of you who buy after July 07) and are significantly more comfortable. I recommend the car to anyone who wants to original, while still getting a good car. Reports say that the SXT and SE trims are not worth your money. The R/T is more well endorsed. Good Luck

I gave it more pep
By carter on 12/02/07 21:23 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an awsome buy. It's mean look is what I liked about it the most. The awd is the worst on gas out the models to choose from. So if it snows alot where you live..or just want it for is speed get the rt awd. If not go with one of the other models. Then after adding custom peformace parts as I did this makes a great racing sleeper.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.