Used 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Death Trap
By scle0501

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was in a severe accident and hurt very badly - not a single airbag went off. No recalls on the VIN, just a terribly unsafe vehicle.

improve on safety.

nice car
By jseve

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You :)Bought this car new and drive to 77000 miles. The only problem was a radio replaced under warranty due to bad hard drive. Other than that tires and brakes. I'm 6'4" and had no trouble fitting in this car, I liked the heated stain resistant seats. My current vehicle is a 2010 avenger R/T, 3.5 L. This is a great car absolutely no problems, finally had to put brakes on the front at 90,000 miles. Both err r than tires and windshield wipers this car starts and drives like the day I took it off the lot new.

Love the heated seats and the v-6 on my 2010. Loved the stain resistant seats on my 2008 set. Both of them handle great.

Dash plastic Scratches easily and could be higher quality.

Awesome car.
By mbdude92

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a Certified Pre-Owned about a year ago. This has been a fantastic car, I bought it with 61k miles on it and within a year I put 22k miles on it doing mostly highway commuting to college and and work and occasional shopping trips an hour away. Haven't had to do anything mechanically to the car other than the oil and filter change every three thousand miles. I have the 2.7l V6 SXT version.. gets average about 25 city/hwy.. do more highway driving and I'll get about 28. Highly recommend for someone who wants reliability, sport look, and a cheap price.

cooler in the dash, aux input for my iphone, power seats, roomy, powerful engine

interior looks cheap and built together like legos.. my only real complaint.

Anyone else?
By sonya08

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my dodge when I first bought it. I have driven it a year and 8 months and have started have some sort of problem that I do not know what is going on. I can be just driving down the road and car shuts off. Sometimes it will crank back and sometimes not. It just dies while driving down the road. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I had to have it towed one time and the mechanic said he couldn't find anything wrong. Someone please shed some light on this for me.

Dodge This and other Dodge Bullets
By nfs

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a 2008 Dodge Avenger Red SXT. Lets start 2010 Transmission problems my miles are over warranty. 2011 Check engine light stays on. 2011 clear coat starts to bubble and peal from spoiler. 2012 paint is bubbling on the hood when Dodge was notified stated they may not cover it that a rock could cause the paint to bubble. Dodge keeps Dodging the bullet on car issues. Last Dodge and Chrysler vehicle I will be buying. Look up on the internet about Dodge vehicles paint bubbling on vehicle hoods then you decide.

Electronic seats

Will not buy Dodge again.