1999 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
A few problems but I am happy!
By Adam on 08/19/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Right when I bought the car I had to put an alternator on it. There are a few other things I had to buy, but what do you expect, the car had 151,000 miles on it. The road noise is very loud. To fix it I bought some better speakers to quiet down the noise. The power steering pump makes al ot of noise as well. That will be the next thing to go out. I think the rims should be recalled, the clear coat is peeling off and looking really nasty. If you like the outside of a car buy it. That is what I did, and I am glad I did!

Nice Car
By PA Avenger on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I love this car. My only complaint is the turning radius is unusually wide. And if you get lost a lot, like I do, U- turns can be a hassle.

1999 Avenger ES
By The Avenger on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

When I first looked at it I thought it was too sporty. Great V6 growl, but no real power. Claimed 170hp at about 4800rpm when the timing changes. It set me back in my seat. It handles like a sports car, and has room for 4. Love the huge trunk. The only problems, twice the battery light has come on. When the light was on and I flipped from bright to dim the radio lost power as if the ignition was turned. I also had a problem starting the car. Like it was still in drive and wouldn't even turn over. Thought it was the starter disabling of the security system.

Best car owned
By MurdaMo on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

I got the 4 cylinder (420a I4) auto. The car somewhat lags in acceleration. So I put in some cheap mods (headers and cold-air intake), for a little extra acceleration. The car is best at higher speeds (i.e. passing someone). Very fun car to drive. It's mainly a show car.

99 Avenger ES
By Vonto on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

reliable engine with the right amount of TLC spacious inside comfortable seating. Acceleration a little on the sluggish but gets up to speed quickly handles corners superbly very quick steering response this car stays well planted on the pavement outstanding body design very handsome car and fun to drive

Excellent
By Skyler on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

One of the best cars I have ever owned, would buy another on Tomorrow. Every body comments on this car and thinks it cost more than it really did

Better than most Dodges
By TheGreatAvenger on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

This is my second Avenger, first was a 1995. This one has been more dependable than the first. Have had no major problems until the last month or so. The Antilock Brake lite keeps coming on, get it checked next week. Dealership had to clean black goo (body coating) off the door sills. Overall I really like the car. Got rid of the LOUD, ROUGH RIDING Goodyears and put Dunlops on, What a great improvement that was!

nice car
By Sota5103 on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

i have had no trouble with it and it runs great. its fun to drive.

Overall - a good car
By SiliconJesus on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

I bought my Avenger new. I looked around at cars from Chevy, and others from Dodge, and decided on the Avenger. Now two years later, I'm very pleased with my decision. Overall, its a very dependable and forgiving car, typical of the Dodge/Mitsubishi cooperative's 'Diamond Star' vehicles. The power put out by this car is generous, but does not match enough with the car's agressive stylings. Still, it has plenty of power to keep me in trouble (generally commuting 45 miles each way on interstates at 80 MPH). Fuel consumption is still good at 32 MPG.

Money Pit
By Karen on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

This car is nothing but a money pit !!!