1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Her name is Ruby
By Jessica on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 5 years now and it has been great. I've only had two major repairs. I had to replace the ball joints and the timing belt. other than that, normal maintenance is all that is required and the car runs beautifully! I take a road trip twice a year and the car always holds up nicely, better actually because it just wants to be driven! In California, we don't have to worry too much about the cold so this is not an issue. to this day it only has 100,000 miles on it and I will continue to drive it until it will no longer drive. I'm sure I have at least another 5 years with it!

This is Love
By JusBringIt on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought this fancy car over 230 miles away from home in Pennsylvania. I've been through the best and the worst with this car and every time I turn it on, it returns the favor. I've made some additions over the 3.7 years I've own the car, however nothing that takes away from the original showmanship. There were very few problems with this car and most of them were self inflicted. The only issue I have is that I don't have a manual transmission. Keep up the maintenance and the car will give you years of service. This car drives even better than it did the day I bought it. It ages like wine.

245,000 miles, no problem
By White Avenger on 08/17/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought my beautiful car in 2005. I have 245,000 miles on it and have only had one tune up and spent not more than 2,000 in repairs. Except the time I got ripped off for about 1,500 from the Dodge Dealer.

Is it worth it?
By Kmfury7 on 06/28/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I got this car in June of 2009, it was a 1999 dodge avenger. After 2 weeks of having it, and being a new driver, the ball joint on the top right went out! Not only did that accident freak me out but so did the price to fix it (940.00$). this car is bad going over pot holes or divits in the road. The engine also has an odd tick to it. Not the best for a first car. Sun roof and stock sound system are pretty sick.

Very Reliable and Gorgeous
By BekaDYT on 05/01/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

My dad purchased the car for me in 2006 (in Ohio) when I was 18; it's paprika red and had almost 75,000 miles at the time. I brought my son home from the hospital in this car and it has kept us safe for 2 long, and sometimes quite harsh, winters. I recently moved to Texas and it had absolutely no problems driving the 1,300 miles here. The only thing you have to watch for is hitting the front on the sidewalk or wherever you park; it sits very low to the ground. I have had no major mechanical problems in the 3 1/2 yrs I've owned it; just replaced front tires. It now has 110,000 miles and still going great; it's almost paid off and I look forward to keeping it around for the next couple years!

Great Handling, Be careful in the winter
By kooky1776 on 04/30/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Best looking, and best handling car I ever owned. Pleasure to drive. The only thing I wished I had was a larger engine, both for safety and for performance reasons.

just bought it and i hate it
By marc2789 on 02/21/10 21:06 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

the car is a decent car but has way too many problems the car does have some power to it which i like but the cars brake burn out way too quick the transmission does not shift good at all after a couple of days the car clunks on every single bump (i know what that problem is) too much ride noise cant see that good out the back window i mean come on not everyone is that tall i do like the power everything sunroof but that dont matter if after every stop sign your car dont move and also after reading all the dangers from other websites i would not recommend it at all

Maybe it's just me...
By jnreed on 08/09/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Ok, so maybe it's just me but I have had nothing but problems with my Avenger. It was my first car, I got it last year for about $1500, and between normal things and major things, I have spent over $3000 fixing it. Distributor went, MAP senser went, and now it just won't start so it's sitting in ym driveway. Main ignition fuse blew 2 times. Stalled 3 times in 2 months. I love the car, just had too many problems.

Black Avenger
By Black Avenger on 09/11/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

This was the first car I bought on my own and my third car. As they say 3's a charm, it sure was with this one! I bought it in the winter and it handled like a charm. No problems in good old Chicago winter! Perfectly balanced, sleek, aerodynamic and easy on gas. I had it for 9 yrs and it ran like new for all that time, I ended up trading it for a Pontiac g6. Bad idea on my part! I'm still looking for one now.

1999 Dodge Avenger ES Coupe
By Paul Davis on 08/19/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Probably one of the best used car buys I have ever had. 113,000 miles on it, great shape, had timing belt replaced, tuned, brakes, and I get 20 MPG in town and 29+ on the interstate. Really comfortable, seats have great lower back support, good sound system. Super buy.