Used 1999 Dodge Avenger ES Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Her name is Ruby
By Jessica

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 5 years now and it has been great. I've only had two major repairs. I had to replace the ball joints and the timing belt. other than that, normal maintenance is all that is required and the car runs beautifully! I take a road trip twice a year and the car always holds up nicely, better actually because it just wants to be driven! In California, we don't have to worry too much about the cold so this is not an issue. to this day it only has 100,000 miles on it and I will continue to drive it until it will no longer drive. I'm sure I have at least another 5 years with it!

Favorite Features

Lots of trunk space, spacious seating, and great handling. AC/Heater work amazingly. Love the sound of the engine and the (added) exhaust. Feels like I'm going faster that what I really am, making it easier to follow the posted speed limit. Also, LOVE that the gas tank is on the right side!

Suggested Improvements

Brighter headlights, more comfortable head rest, and appearance. Needs better paint job, and interior could be a different color too. Unimportant items compared to how great the car runs!

This is Love
By JusBringIt

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought this fancy car over 230 miles away from home in Pennsylvania. I've been through the best and the worst with this car and every time I turn it on, it returns the favor. I've made some additions over the 3.7 years I've own the car, however nothing that takes away from the original showmanship. There were very few problems with this car and most of them were self inflicted. The only issue I have is that I don't have a manual transmission. Keep up the maintenance and the car will give you years of service. This car drives even better than it did the day I bought it. It ages like wine.

Favorite Features

The exterior design. As close to perfection as one can get for a sports coupe.

Suggested Improvements

A manual transmission. The AT robs some passion.

245,000 miles, no problem
By White Avenger

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought my beautiful car in 2005. I have 245,000 miles on it and have only had one tune up and spent not more than 2,000 in repairs. Except the time I got ripped off for about 1,500 from the Dodge Dealer.

Is it worth it?
By Kmfury7

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I got this car in June of 2009, it was a 1999 dodge avenger. After 2 weeks of having it, and being a new driver, the ball joint on the top right went out! Not only did that accident freak me out but so did the price to fix it (940.00$). this car is bad going over pot holes or divits in the road. The engine also has an odd tick to it. Not the best for a first car. Sun roof and stock sound system are pretty sick.

Favorite Features

Really nice stock sound system, horsepower, gas mileage, sun roof

Suggested Improvements

the cheap parts!

Very Reliable and Gorgeous
By BekaDYT

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

My dad purchased the car for me in 2006 (in Ohio) when I was 18; it's paprika red and had almost 75,000 miles at the time. I brought my son home from the hospital in this car and it has kept us safe for 2 long, and sometimes quite harsh, winters. I recently moved to Texas and it had absolutely no problems driving the 1,300 miles here. The only thing you have to watch for is hitting the front on the sidewalk or wherever you park; it sits very low to the ground. I have had no major mechanical problems in the 3 1/2 yrs I've owned it; just replaced front tires. It now has 110,000 miles and still going great; it's almost paid off and I look forward to keeping it around for the next couple years!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, V6, leather, keyless entry, CD, rear defrost,

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders, more horsepower, higher CD player, larger trunk opening