1998 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Piece of garbage

1998 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

Piece of garbage
By piece of garbage on

1998 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Since I have owned this car I have had nothing but problems. My ck. Engine light comes on all the time. I have had the fuel injectors cleaned a lot, it always comes up with two codes. I have put over $2000 on repairs into this bucket. My door handle broke off also. To tune up this car, it costs $500 each time. No matter what I do the check engine light comes on. The ball joint broke off the axle, luckily I was only parking or the garage said if I was driving it at the time of the break, I and my children would have been killed. I feel Dodge should fix this car for free because obviously there should have been a recall about why the ck. Engine light is always on. The ball joint thing was a recall.

the way the car looks

I was expecting to get a good running car,but found out there is a Mitsubishi engine in it. i expect dodge to fix this motor for free. I expected an American motor in this car and got a lemon instead.