1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
good 5 years
By tonyquinn on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

The Dodge Avenger is a great car to commute in. The gas milage is good; the sterio system rocks; the seats are comfortable; the engine has the power you need to get in and out of traffic; the motor runs cool under hot conditions with the air on climbing a grade.

Love my Car
By PackersJd on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Well I have only owned this car for about 6 months but I can tell you that it is an excellent car for the price. I got all the cool special features I wanted for a reasonable price. The only thing that was a problem was if you replace the stock deck in the car you can't have the factory amp hooked up, and I have blown a few of the stock speakers but thats probably do the the weather in Michigan. Other then that small inconvience, its a great car

Awesome Car
By PimpAVG on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Great gas mileage, good power, great first car for any young driver, stylish.

All around great car
By Avenger21 on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Well first of all its a affordable version of the viper :). It has a low stance with a front grill similar to that of the viper. It rides like a dream and has few flaws. I havent had any major problems, just the normal routine repairs. I love every aspect of this car, but maybe could use a bigger engine :)

good car bad brakes
By scottyboy on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

This car has been very reliable for me; however, this excludes the rotors on my cars front brakes. After having the replaced several times ( for free-- they were replaced before i bought the car and crysler warrents their work for a year. ) I decided to buy some cross drilled rotors. this has solved that problem - other than some oil consumption this car has been rock steady. I have blown a few of the "infinity" speakers. but the humidity in michigan is probly to blame for that. replaced the eaisily bent rims ( dang potholes). its cheap to maintain, but sucks fuel in the winter. the transmission is slow, not the car.

DODGE AVENGER SPORT. Love it.
By Guiness on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

Terriffic car. And very Rare.

Dodge Avenger
By Froggie on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

We have had good luck with this car. Besides being fun to drive, it's sporty without the sporty price. The car has all leather and gadgets not common to some cars. Such as the one touch window rolldown and garage door opener built into the sun visor.

Reliable and fun to drive
By matt98 on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had the 5 speed Inline 4 cyl engine. I never had any problems with the car, but only kept it for 3 years and 57,000 miles. Nice low aggressive stance that took turns at an aggressive speed.

I love my Avenger
By action on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had my Avenger for 2 years now, and love it. It's sporty and has pep!

98 Dodge Avenger
By Hamant on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Tremendous overall vehicle. No major maintenance problems.