Used 1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

I've had mine for 17 years some work but she's my
By michael hammann

Car never stops
By Dusty whitford

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

My Dodge Avenger has been to hell and back with me driving it and I had to replace some thing but honestly I can tell you what I did to have to replace everything on my car and it's at 200*** miles and still runs strong. I haven't done any motor work except change to oil so say what you want about this car but if you don't want yours give me a price [contact info removed]

Dodge sucks! or atleast the avenger does
By dodgesuck

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

This car is what made me decide to never buy a dodge again. I'm amazed if a month goes by and I don't have an expensive repair bill waiting for me. Cons: Steering problems are my biggest complaint- I had to replace front ball bearings after just 35,000 miles, lower control arms had to be replace on driver side, and now both front struts need to be replaced. Also it has a poor turning radius. The distributor cap and rotor needed replacing (car stopped starting). Rotors also warped on me, but I know that isn't dodges fault, just basic maintenance. Poor handling in snow, hard to see out of rear window, and I would go on but I'm running out of characters remaining. Owned for 2 years 20k miles

Car is not that common (I know why), and is actually a pretty good looking car.

Everything

Questions
By kdub

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

My door handle broke and I see almost everyone else's has too! Other than that the car really is awesome!

styling look!!! sound of stereo and exhaust

door handles and a little more power under the hood!

The truth...
By ptr1ck

1998 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car 2 years ago, it has been great. I now have almost 150,000 on the ticker and its still going strong. Could use some more power but overall its really not as bad as many want to say. I am about to purchase a BMW and am sad to see this car go. I have had some issue with the sun roof popping but I don't even want to mess with that.

Power Seats, 30mpg

More power, more cup holders