Used 1998 Dodge Avenger Base Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

I've had mine for 17 years some work but she's my
By michael hammann

Car never stops
By Dusty whitford

1998 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

My Dodge Avenger has been to hell and back with me driving it and I had to replace some thing but honestly I can tell you what I did to have to replace everything on my car and it's at 200*** miles and still runs strong. I haven't done any motor work except change to oil so say what you want about this car but if you don't want yours give me a price [contact info removed]

Questions
By kdub

1998 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

My door handle broke and I see almost everyone else's has too! Other than that the car really is awesome!

styling look!!! sound of stereo and exhaust

door handles and a little more power under the hood!

Expensive to repair
By LeoV

1998 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

I bought mine used with 125000 miles on it, owned it for a year, the private party i bought it from didnt tell me that the water pump needed replacement@$700.00 (they have to lift the engine to replace it). Head gasket was gone, window buttons fell apart, clearcoat on paint peeled, front struts break, leaks oil everywhere, luckily i was able to trade it in for what i bought it for, ($1100.00).

Fun to drive, great handling.

interior can be much more comfortable, this car is a spin off of many other dodge/mitsubishi cars, eclips, sebring, just to name a couple. this one was thrown together without thought.

Best Car Ever
By Best Car Ever

1998 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

Bought this car from a lady in 03 with 67,000 miles on it. I now have 140,000 and it is still going strong. The only problem I had, was the ball joint broke, but Dodge fixed it. My car is a 4 cylinder 5 speed which is faster and quicker than the auto 6 cylinder. The car handles like a dream and rides perfect. Gas mileage is about 30 miles on the hwy and 22 in town. Run this car till it dies, probably buy another new Dodge avenger because of this one!

Looks...obviously the front end is very wicked on this car, looks similar to the Viper!

The tilt steering. Wish it had just the wheel part move and not the whole thing! Makes upgrades for the tail lights. You can get Altezza lights for a Neon, but not an Avenger? Come on! I have the euro head lights but now the tail lights don't match!