The Mitsubishi Camaro
By JPRacer on
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe
In the three years I have driven it, the Avenger is an overall excellent car. Exterior styling is second only to the Viper. Handling exceeds the power for a stiff, yet solidly comfortable ride. Interior space is engineered to the max for functionality and comfort with basic, well-placed controls and ample trunk space. The 163HP V-6 is brisk, yet not overpowering and has had no real problems at all for 80,000+ miles. Performs at the fun-to-drive level and accessories are pleasing. Fuel mileage is decent, but could be better. It's a unique auto and turns heads wherever I go. Definitely a great car if taken care of properly. I will keep mine as long as I can.
Favorite Features
The sunroof, 6-speaker Infinity sound system, inability to lock doors with key in ignition, the overall look of the Avenger.
Suggested Improvements
Definitely a larger engine delivering more power to back up the looks, and with that--a tougher automatic transaxle, a more effective air conditioning system, more weatherproof headlights--I've had to wetsand mine, better accessibility to replacement parts, and lose the engine whine at 60- 70mph.