Fun to drive great on gas!
By Steve on
1997 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe
Well I was lucky enough that this was my first car, I have the same one in the picture and it was the 2.0L 4 cylinder with automatic transmission. It was purchased for $4000. 2 weeks after purchasing it used the check engine light came on, then shortly after the car would not go into gear. Got it fixed, all they did is change the air and transmission filter. Set me back $97. 1 week after the repair the dodge avenger messed up again. This time the car didn't start because of an axle? Repair cost $1800. Overall the car is fun to drive, great on gas. I can spend $25 on gas and get any were from 250-300 miles on 1/2-3/4 tank of gas, or 7-9 gallons of the 12 gallon tank.
Favorite Features
Easy to find parts both OEM and aftermarket to since it shares the same parts as its cousins of the 95-00 year model, like the Sebring, Talon and Eclipse.
Suggested Improvements
Bad automatic transmissions. Both slipping, and shifting too low in gear when it should be shifting into high gear. Engine clearance would be a major plus, everything is so snug under the hood. Either breathers on the hood or better Intercooler, the engine runs hot.