Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
By tigerlily on
1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe
I got this car as a gift my senior year and fell in love with it immediately. I've replaced the O2 sensors and the water pump twice (within a 6 month period of time), and after year 1 everything electric on the interior has one-by-one stopped working; the dome light only works if I'm entering through the passenger door and the stereo will randomly turn on and off. I've paid for a very pricey tune up, replacing just about everything and that seemed to help nothing, the belts still slip and there's a tap that no one can seem to figure out. Last year i developed a temperamental oil leak, comes and goes and most recently at 100K it's leaking transmission fluid.
Favorite Features
body style, comfort (even able to sleep comfortably in the back seat) trunk space, great gas mileage(till i hit 85K), so fun to drive (I'm gonna miss that part)
Suggested Improvements
Annoyingly large turning radius(!!!), useless cup holders, power seats transmission, reliable interior electric (stereo, idiot bell, dome light, etc, etc.), & improve AC system.